Xbox One X

Associate
Got my Game confirmation email to say its being packed.

Fingers crossed someone at DPD decides to ship them early given the extreme amount of orders they're likely to be fulfilling - even though they said they would tell DPD to hold it... :D

Shawrey

Caporegime
I don't like it. Well I do like the new Scorpio bit at the beginning but not the way it then goes to the Xbox One green screen. It's just like "Aaagh, my eyes!" They should have kept the Xbox logo with its green middle but made that green background black and have a silver/white spotlight thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my Game confirmation email to say its being packed.

Fingers crossed someone at DPD decides to ship them early given the extreme amount of orders they're likely to be fulfilling - even though they said they would tell DPD to hold it... :D

Shawrey

Normal or Scorpio?
I've still heard nothing on my Scorpio since an email last Friday saying we will be taking the money soon. Tried their live chat this morning and all I got was don't worry we can bill you up till the day before release.
When i asked them to confirm my order was ok they just said we don't see any problems here.
Game have prior for overselling limited editions and leaving people high and dry.

Associate
Normal or Scorpio?
I've still heard nothing on my Scorpio since an email last Friday saying we will be taking the money soon. Tried their live chat this morning and all I got was don't worry we can bill you up till the day before release.
When i asked them to confirm my order was ok they just said we don't see any problems here.
Game have prior for overselling limited editions and leaving people high and dry.

Scorpio Edition :D

Shawrey

Caporegime
Typical - They are available on the UK site now! - £159.99
http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/rig-800lx

Not a competitor link as OCUK don't sell Plantronics.

It's cost me £132 on my Halifax Clarity card from the states, so if I get stung for VAT and UPS fee's it should still be about the same price.

Well UPS charged me a rather ridiculous £34 and they wanted it paid at the point of delivery, so my girlfriend had to pay because I'm at work. (Already transferred her the money)

That'll teach me - £6 more expensive than buying it from the UK.

Associate
They should have released this console tomorrow.

I'm impatient and waiting until Tuesday is annoying (first world problems I know).

Tuesday just seems so random, they even released the original Xbox One on a Friday.

Is there a reason I'm missing as to why they decided on that date?!

Caporegime
The embargo is lifting tomorrow so there will be pages of news to wade through. Should keep everyone busy until Tuesday.

Has anyone found any footage of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on X1X yet?

Associate
True and I'm looking forward to it. So far it seems like it's a massive step up from the original Xbox One in terms of performance differences. The PS4 Pro is disappointing in that regard. But Microsoft seem to be really pushing "upgrade" patches.

I've noticed quite a few games have a performance and quality mode, targeting 60fps or 4k respectively. To be honest I'd love to have that become a standard in games. I'd personally prefer framerate over resolution etc and it would be great to have a choice.

I'm looking forward to finding out about noise levels too, again the PS4 Pro is far too loud.

Caporegime
I've noticed quite a few games have a performance and quality mode, targeting 60fps or 4k respectively. To be honest I'd love to have that become a standard in games. I'd personally prefer framerate over resolution etc and it would be great to have a choice.

Yeah, I noticed this too - Gears of War 4 is now 1080p60 and so is Hitman. Where are they getting this from? I thought the CPU was too weak even in the X1X to hit 60fps?

Associate
Yeah, I noticed this too - Gears of War 4 is now 1080p60 and so is Hitman. Where are they getting this from? I thought the CPU was too weak even in the X1X to hit 60fps?

The CPU is weak when compared to desktop processors found in the average gaming pc, but I think the main thing some people tend to forget about is optimisation. When developers are working with a fixed hardware configuration they're able to squeeze far more performance out of it. Developers are also able to offload some tasks to the GPU too which helps.

I think this console is going to surprise a lot of people in terms of it's performance. Digital Foundry comparisons are certainly going to be interesting.

I'm still curious about FreeSync support, and how it's going to be implemented. Whether it's system level like supersampling appears to be, or whether it will be something that developers need to implement in their games.

I'll actually use a FreeSync monitor if it's supported, until TV's with VRR start releasing. FreeSync support is something not many people are talking about but I think it's a massive thing, and once Tv's with VRR become more common place it'll really be game changing.

If it's specifically FreeSync 2 and VRR (on tv's) I'm almost tempted to buy the new Samsung monitor with FreeSync 2 and HDR10 lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom