Xbox One X

Soldato
I was a little disappointed to see that the update for Forza Horizon 3 is only going to be 1080p/60fps or 4K/30fps. I'm not sure why but I expected it to be capable of playing that at 4K/60fps, but clearly not.

On the other hand, when you take a step back and realise it's a £450 box that's kicking that out, it's actually pretty impressive.

Soldato
I was a little disappointed to see that the update for Forza Horizon 3 is only going to be 1080p/60fps or 4K/30fps. I'm not sure why but I expected it to be capable of playing that at 4K/60fps, but clearly not.

Forza 7 is native 4K/60 with HDR but as you say Horizon 3 is 4K/30 and doesn't have HDR.

On the other hand, when you take a step back and realise it's a £450 box that's kicking that out, it's actually pretty impressive.

Aye not bad although the PS4 Pro was doing that a year ago.

I want to see how Assassins Creed Origins compares on the X compares to the PS4 Pro, it's being pushed as a must see title on the X so I expect it to be better but will see (just hope it's improved from when I played it on the X and looked awful).

Soldato
The option is in a weird place. Settings -> System -> Backup & Transfer. In there you should see a tickbox for "Download 4K Content". I enabled it and a while later it automatically kicked in a 27GB update for Forza 7 and a 23GB or so update for Gears 4.

Associate
True and I'm looking forward to it. So far it seems like it's a massive step up from the original Xbox One in terms of performance differences. The PS4 Pro is disappointing in that regard. But Microsoft seem to be really pushing "upgrade" patches.

I've noticed quite a few games have a performance and quality mode, targeting 60fps or 4k respectively. To be honest I'd love to have that become a standard in games. I'd personally prefer framerate over resolution etc and it would be great to have a choice.

I'm looking forward to finding out about noise levels too, again the PS4 Pro is far too loud.

Yeah looking forward to see the speed increase, I thought the PS4 Pro was a big step up from the standard PS4 (for me anyway) especially on a 4K set regarding noise levels its only playing discs that its loud and I suspect the XB1X will have the same issue with discs, not a lot can be done with disc drives without bumping up the cost

Soldato

I guess with the world being so pretty 60fps was a lot to ask, Hopefully the next Horizon game will push it towards 60fps.

Soldato
I was gonna pop to the store and get this on release day. Just realised it's a public holiday here, and all the stores will be closed (no deliveries either). MS chose a public holiday to release!!

OK, so Tuesday is a stupid day too have a public holiday, and it's only Victoria (Australia) but still... it feels personal ;)

Back
Top Bottom