Xbox One X

Soldato
Just cancelled my Scorpio on Amazon, might reappear in stock if you’re quick.

Just no games worth getting it for yet, and not much profit to be made flipping it either so might aswell cancel.

Associate
My Scorpio is coming from Argos....if they mess my Tuesday delivery up expect to see “man takes dinosaur sized dump on Argos customer service desk...then rolls around on it crying” in the news!

Associate
I was a little disappointed to see that the update for Forza Horizon 3 is only going to be 1080p/60fps or 4K/30fps. I'm not sure why but I expected it to be capable of playing that at 4K/60fps, but clearly not.

On the other hand, when you take a step back and realise it's a £450 box that's kicking that out, it's actually pretty impressive.

Don't think they've even confirmed 1080p 60fps have they? Only 4k 30fps

Associate
Does anyone know of any trade in deals at game?
Don't know if anyone replied to you but yes, but check in advance with them.

I'm trading my "B Grade" (which I'm told is good condition)Xbox One S for £150. Preorder first and the reason why I say check is I had 1 person tell me it was just for Elite members only. Not heard that from anyone else though.

Soldato
IGN verdict

The Verdict... For Now

The Xbox One X is a very impressive collection of hardware crammed into a sleek case. It runs cool and quiet as it delivers impressive performance in the enhanced games we’ve been able to test out so far. It’s hard to believe Microsoft exclusives like Gears of War 4 can look so good and run so smoothly on a box that costs less than half of what you’d pay for a high-end gaming PC. Plus, it caters to home theater enthusiasts with 4K ultra-HD Blu-ray playback and Atmos sound.

An incredibly impressive console in more ways than one, that requires a bit more testing before we assign a final score.

Caporegime
Interesting as they get 30fps at 4K yet dipping to 40fps in 1080p, they reckoned it may be the CPU limiting it and not the GPU.

That is why when hardware sites review new CPU's, they do it at 1080p and 1440p - Because at lower resolutions you tend to be CPU limited, where the GPU is waiting for it to send instructions.

At 4K resolution, you are GPU limited and the CPU isn't so important.

Soldato
Is there a way of forcing the 4K update on the Xbone? I've got the option ticked to download 4K content but it's only done it to 1 or 2 of the game... ie NOT Forza 6, Gears etc

Back
Top Bottom