• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The choice of resolution is partly because 1440p up-scaled to 4K looks markedly better than 1080p, and partly for the general buying public 1440 is a higher number than 1080. ;)

I guess depends on scaling methods - I had read before that 1080p much better to upscale to 4k as directly aligns than 1440p which is more complex ?

Presumably the Series S would output at 4k/60 but rendered at 1440p internally ? Quite a lot of work for it to do ?

Associate
If you’re already an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, wait until your existing membership has a prepaid balance that is less than 12 months before redeeming the 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership through Xbox All Access. You will be unable to redeem with more than 12 prepaid months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Thank you! That's great news for me

Soldato
I guess depends on scaling methods - I had read before that 1080p much better to upscale to 4k as directly aligns than 1440p which is more complex ?

Presumably the Series S would output at 4k/60 but rendered at 1440p internally ? Quite a lot of work for it to do ?

It's nothing new. The PS4 pro renders natively at 1440p and up-scales to 4K.

I'm hoping they'll allow an external hdd to work. Ssd price been leaked at £169 as extra storage..

If that's for a 1TB PCI-E 4.0 drive then that's good. I paid the same for my Sabrent drive last month.

Soldato
They must be absolutely kicking themselves for not having Halo ready, imagine that as a launch game with all this? Incredible start to the generation. As it stands though I think I'll still get PS5 first, you just know the first year or two will have better first party experience (90% sure at least!).

Soldato
They must be absolutely kicking themselves for not having Halo ready, imagine that as a launch game with all this? Incredible start to the generation. As it stands though I think I'll still get PS5 first, you just know the first year or two will have better first party experience (90% sure at least!).
Depending on the PS5 price its probably going to be well worth picking up a series S as well. Gamepass Ultimate along with EA play and a machine that only costs £249 makes a lot of sense

Soldato
Depending on the PS5 price its probably going to be well worth picking up a series S as well. Gamepass Ultimate along with EA play and a machine that only costs £249 makes a lot of sense
I think I'm more likely to wait until Halo launches and grab an XSX, assuming the rest of the studios they acquired have done something by then aswell.

Interestingly this is the exact opposite of last gen for me, ie I bought the (less powerful) Xbox One because of Halo/Gears etc. but ended up grabbing the (more powerful) PS4 a couple years later once their first party games starting coming out (The Order 1886, Bloodborne).

Soldato
Prices look good and 0% finance with All Access is also a bonus and will help sell consoles - plus game pass is pretty good value for money. If the prices are true then an SX for £450 is insane considering that was the release price of the x1x and the SX is an order of magnitude more powerful.

Caporegime
I am really liking the pricing of the S, I am thinking to myself, I'd like 4k but do I need it at the distance I sit away from the TV? It may be possible to get both next gen consoles from MS and Sony for £500....if Sony prices theirs for £250 too. It would almost be buy one get one free from my original price estimate.

Soldato
I am really liking the pricing of the S, I am thinking to myself, I'd like 4k but do I need it at the distance I sit away from the TV? It may be possible to get both next gen consoles from MS and Sony for £500....if Sony prices theirs for £250 too. It would almost be buy one get one free from my original price estimate.

I can’t see Sony getting near 249.

349 MAYBE...

Back
Top Bottom