• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
TFLOPs aren't directly comparable between architectures. The One X runs on GCN. Series X|S run on RDNA2. The Nvidia RTX 3080 is something like 25 TFLOPs on Ampere.

We don't really know exactly how RDNA2 compares to GCN yet as no GPUs have been released on this architecture. But we do know how GCN and RDNA compare. And from that, the RDNA2 GPU in Series S can be presumed to be at least as powerful as the one in the One X.
So Series X could be circa 3 times power of the One X?

Soldato
Has there been any news on the Xbox game DVR being improved over last gen ?

Currently 2 minutes max record at 1080p ?!??! and
currently doesn't record party chat audio in game.

Soldato
Interesting. Game are offering £220 trade in credit for a One X at the min so maybe I should trade in this refurbished one I bought for £180 rather than returning it. The console itself is spotless but no idea if they'd reject it due to being refurbished by Microsoft.

That's if you can even do a trade in at that time what with Covid on the increase again.

Associate
I think the second most exciting thing I've read (after the SSD tech being first) is the support for Dolby Vision.

From what I can gather, TVs with Dolby Vision don't require any adjustments whatsoever when playing back Dolby Vision media. No sliders for colour, brightness, HDR, gamma, etc. It just works the same on any TV that is certified for it. That is mega.
I was pleased to hear this as I was hoping next gen would adopt DV or HLG, my only concern is (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't DV capped at 30fps? and on LG new OLEDS, DV is disabled when freesync is enabled

Associate
Interesting. Game are offering £220 trade in credit for a One X at the min so maybe I should trade in this refurbished one I bought for £180 rather than returning it. The console itself is spotless but no idea if they'd reject it due to being refurbished by Microsoft.

That's if you can even do a trade in at that time what with Covid on the increase again.
Im gonna trade mine in this weekend before the value drops

Soldato
Guys, I'm really sorry for being lazy and not searching the thread.

I want to pick up the best console for my son. Which one is best spec, and where can I pre-order from?

TIA - I'm nightshift here and just spotted your thread title, which has grabbed my attention. :)

Caporegime
OP
Guys, I'm really sorry for being lazy and not searching the thread.

I want to pick up the best console for my son. Which one is best spec, and where can I pre-order from?

TIA - I'm nightshift here and just spotted your thread title, which has grabbed my attention. :)

The best spec will be the Xbox Series X. Pre-orders open on 22nd September at 8am from all good retailers, I guess? Game, Smyths, Amazon, Argos, etc. Oh and the Microsoft Store, of course.

Caporegime
OP
You could write a macro, very easy to do so that it searches using bing and gives you points when you not there at the system lol

or use an auto mouse clicker app.

No, I didn't mean it like that. There's a limit to how many points you can earn each day. It only takes me 5 minutes over breakfast to get my maximum allowance daily.

Back
Top Bottom