• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 233 26.2%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
This isn't always true, FYI. I just changed from AV1300 'gigabit' powerline to WiFi 6 mesh and my speeds and latency are MUCH better than the power line could manage to the same room. Lot more expensive though admittedly!

I should've said always been better for me rather than say it matter of fact for sure :)

Soldato
But you could be waiting ages! Get a play through in straight away, forget about it and then another go in 2021. I'm sure they've already said the Series X upgraded version would be free if you've already bought the game.. that's just more value for money..

I'm fine with waiting and struggle to get the time to play a long game through once, let alone twice!

Caporegime
OP
Ohhhhhhh, I'm wobbling. Having seen the Spider-man work on PS5, I'm thinking about going with PS5 disc and Xbox Series S now... S is still in stock at Argos... I'll still be able to get all my achievements on Series S and play all the Game Pass games....

Soldato
Ohhhhhhh, I'm wobbling. Having seen the Spider-man work on PS5, I'm thinking about going with PS5 disc and Xbox Series S now... S is still in stock at Argos... I'll still be able to get all my achievements on Series S and play all the Game Pass games....
That's what I've done ps5 disc for there exclusive and 4k hdr etc but Series S as game pass device :)

Get best of both then

Soldato

What's your TV like?

Man of Honour
I caved in and ordered some cable. Gives me some time to get it in place and tidy it up as best I can. Hopefully it’ll allow me to stream to the pc at high quality with little to no lag.

Soldato
4K with crap HDR, 2x HDMI 2.0 and 1x HDMI 1.4 ports. So the PC and PS5 would go on HDMI 2.0 and the XSS on HDMI 1.4 is my thinking.

Yeah same boat as me and I've got an S ordered. My TV is just a cheap 4k Hisense 50" and 55" so not amazing, and I've got the S on order. I just wonder how much better then X would be in terms of performance given that I'm not gonna be playing at the highest quality available. I just want to see some comparison videos of the S vs the X first!

Associate
My PC is showing it's age, and I can't honestly justify the cost of a rebuild. I've also become increasingly tired of competing storefronts, exorbitant hardware pricing, shoddy console ports, and software troubleshooting. I want affordability, longevity and simplicity!

The Series X is the ideal solution for me, it's more powerful than the competition, has a sizeable library of classic games via backwards compatibility, and a blossoming future thanks to Game Pass and the recent Zenimax acquisition.

Back
Top Bottom