Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
LG BX with settings correct it seems.
Any chance you could try the game on a different TV? I know you have a fantastic TV, just sounds like there could be something going wrong with how your tv is handling the HDR...or something like that. Saying that Digital foundry did mention he saw a few glitches in the lighting of that game, maybe I just haven't noticed it. I'm on a Samsung Q9FN btw.

Soldato
I'm just going to the church.

The gamma slider is broke too, either too dark or too bright

I've got a C1 and the gamma slider won't go dark enough to fill in the last bar in the as black in the options menu but as soon as I go in game it's pitch black, so I'm kind of guessing it. It's really, really dark or too bright (compared to my last play through on an LCD).

Something's not right. I'm using game optimiser/fps/black stabiliser pushed slightly.

Associate
I've got a C1 and the gamma slider won't go dark enough to fill in the last bar in the as black in the options menu but as soon as I go in game it's pitch black, so I'm kind of guessing it. It's really, really dark or too bright (compared to my last play through on an LCD).

Something's not right. I'm using game optimiser/fps/black stabiliser pushed slightly.

A long shot as I don't have the game but wondering if it's the same Auto HDR bug that's present on Mass Effect Legendary - despite the game being in HDR the console still turns on Auto HDR which makes it really dark. When you're in game press the guide button and see if it says Auto HDR on the top right, if so you'll need to exit the game and disable it through settings.

Soldato
A long shot as I don't have the game but wondering if it's the same Auto HDR bug that's present on Mass Effect Legendary - despite the game being in HDR the console still turns on Auto HDR which makes it really dark. When you're in game press the guide button and see if it says Auto HDR on the top right, if so you'll need to exit the game and disable it through settings.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Caporegime
I bought ultimate yesterday for £1 - 3 months....was that the wrong thing to do ?

Nope but your 3 months is a one off Offer to your account but the way to get is to pay £85 for 36 months.

Max stack is 36 months so with 3 months already on, you can only get 27months at the moment, or wait for the 3 months expire then do the trick. The conversion then will probably be £10.99.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Picked up a Series S the other day for £110 never even been used :)

PC is still my main platform but its nice to have a console under the TV in the living room for a bit of couch gaming with the missus. She probably end up taking over it lol

Got the 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate so looking forward to some comfy gaming over the weekend.

Pretty nifty console so far, well pleased with it.

Associate
I picked up the Series S the other week with full intent of only keeping it until the Series X is readily available in retail stores, ie walk in and buy one with discount. :)

But I'm really liking the Series S & it looks great on my 4K TV upscaled, so I might just hang on for a couple of years before getting the Series X... we see.

Associate
People who criticise the Series S need to re-evaluate their thinking! A console that retails at £249 and achieves 60 FPS with ray tracing in demanding games such as Metro Exodus is remarkable, even if there are trade-offs! The console will offer even more value when the price inevitably drops in the not-too-distant future.

It's capable of playing four generations of games, has the latest AMD architecture, a 512GB SSD as standard, and is the perfect compliment to Game Pass.

(For the record, I have a Series X.)

Picked up a Series S the other day for £110 never even been used :)

That's an absolute steal!

Soldato
I will at some point feel I'm missing out regarding better graphics on the PC, where the graphics are better to the point they look amazing and the console looks a bit crappy, I think maybe this will be 1 maybe 2 years. At that point I will probably feel like PC again.

I'll be interested to see how FS2020 compares to the PC though.

Caporegime
OP
I've been a PC player for years, (my last console was a sega saturn... yeah old but gold)
I'm really interested in buying an Xbox. Would SERIES X be a good option?

Not if you've already got a decent PC. All Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios games will be coming to Steam/Windows Store (Game Pass). So the better complementary device would be a PS5. But if you want an Xbox, then yes Series X is the best Xbox to have.

jpm

jpm

Associate
That's an absolute steal!

Yeah he needed a quick sale, offered £110 to take off his hands and he agreed, happy me :)

Spare of the moment purchase because I wasn't looking for a console but glad I did.

It's a perfect secondary gaming device like the above post says because I already have a decent PC but will be good for me and the missus to play together since her launch PS4 finally gave up the ghost.

Back
Top Bottom