• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Always thought the idea of quick resume was quite gimmicky considering how quickly these new consoles boot up and get into games until I got my Series X on Monday. Sitting playing Forza last night and fancied a couple of games of Halo instead - must have been about 5 seconds and it had switched. Really impressed by it! :D

Never really fussed me switching games on my PS5 because of how quick it is but feel like when I get back onto it once the honeymoon is over from the Series X, it'll bug me that it doesn't have something similar.

Soldato
Is this Access all areas thing worth it, how does it work with my current Ultimate subscription? Does it add the 2 years and stop my current direct debit? I am looking to off load my Xbox One to my eldest lad so thought about getting the the Series X.

Edit: Just realised the 2 posts above answered my question. I thought it was on about the GPU (graphics card thing) and not GPU (Game Pass Ultimate lol)

Soldato
My console just got updated with cloud gaming for a whole bunch of game pass games... I didn't know this was coming.

Had a quick go at the Ascent, took a while to start up, but the game play was lag free. I'm only on 50mb connection, so the graphics looked a bit less sharp than a local install, and there was occasional artifacts, but generally really good, didn't play much though.

Not sure I'll ever really use it over installing a game, but its a nice feature. I wonder if this is a first step to releasing a Gamepass Dongle with controller or something, to compete/ smash Stadia.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My console just got updated with cloud gaming for a whole bunch of game pass games... I didn't know this was coming.

Had a quick go at the Ascent, took a while to start up, but the game play was lag free. I'm only on 50mb connection, so the graphics looked a bit less sharp than a local install, and there was occasional artifacts, but generally really good, didn't play much though.

Not sure I'll ever really use it over installing a game, but its a nice feature. I wonder if this is a first step to releasing a Gamepass Dongle with controller or something, to compete/ smash Stadia.

The streaming is only 1080p hence the less than sharp picture.

It's a great feature to quickly demo a game before committing to download though, especially if you're unsure on whether you'll like the game in question.

Soldato
I'm more interested in high quality 4K local streaming without the artifacts I see via Android or the xbox app on windows 10/11. I was hoping for a lot more given the quality I get using moonlight / steam link from my gaming pc especially given the series x is more powerful and newer than my pc.

Back
Top Bottom