• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thinking of playing fallout 4 again on series x as I never did finish it, has anything changed since release, I think there might be a 60fps mode now?

I also remember disliking the camp building aspect, was that an optional thing?

60fps but at 1080p. I think you can ignore hte building for the most apart, it was also my least favourite thing in the game.

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, seems a bit weird with the "whole" Hitman trilogy on Game Pass that they haven't included two levels from Hitman 2 - the bank and the tropical island. So you miss out on that. :(

Associate
Anybody regularly get the "installation stopped" message when downloading from the store?

I'm getting it all the time and it's becoming a real pain to install any game (I'm on game pass).

Thanks

Got my Series X last week and I’m having the same issue, one of the reasons I ended up selling my One X was due to silly little software issues like this that ruin the experience, never have any issues installing games on my PS5, honestly tempted to just send the Series X back.:rolleyes:

Soldato
I've not seem the download issue before but for some reason it keeps popping the error up on minecraft dungeons even though I've successfully updated 3 other games and fully installed 2.

Soldato
Despite being set up correctly power wise and unticked for shutting HD off, last night no background downloads happened which is really annoying when coupled with this constant fluctuating download speed.

Keeps doing from 35mb/s to 9 every few seconds. Has often been like this. Ps5 downloads are stable.

Soldato
Despite being set up correctly power wise and unticked for shutting HD off, last night no background downloads happened which is really annoying when coupled with this constant fluctuating download speed.

Keeps doing from 35mb/s to 9 every few seconds. Has often been like this. Ps5 downloads are stable.
V strange, not helpful but I haven’t experienced that. I have, at times, hit my full 500mbps.

Man of Honour
V strange, not helpful but I haven’t experienced that. I have, at times, hit my full 500mbps.

MS's servers seem to cap out at 600 Mbps which is a bit annoying on my 10Gbps connection, although the Series X only has a 1Gbps port anyway.

If I could use a decent percentage of my connection I would have never bought any storage expansion and just downloaded even 100GB games as and when I fancied playing them in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
A few weird things with this one. Auto HDR also isn't working. HDR enabled games are fine but it's not forcing the non hdr ones like death's door.

Edit apparently that's because it doesn't force HDR on non supported games like on PS5. Odd to call it auto in that case.
Death's door doesn't have a comparability tab either under manage game which is odd as all my others do even just to show fps boost and auto HDR not enabled.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A few weird things with this one. Auto HDR also isn't working. HDR enabled games are fine but it's not forcing the non hdr ones like death's door.

Edit apparently that's because it doesn't force HDR on non supported games like on PS5. Odd to call it auto in that case.
Death's door doesn't have a comparability tab either under manage game which is odd as all my others do even just to show fps boost and auto HDR not enabled.

Auto HDR messes up a lot of games so you really don't want it on untested as the default option.

I think it's only disabled on titles that MS have tested and determined to be flawed rather than the other way around.

Associate
I have noticed the Series X only saves the WiFi password you are connected to, ie if you move the xbox to a friends house then go home you have to put the password in again. The PS5 remembers at least two WiFi passwords and auto connects.

Soldato
Auto HDR messes up a lot of games so you really don't want it on untested as the default option.

I appreciate there is bound to be some issues where games aren't designed with it. Then again, AC games are HDR enabled but have poor implementation. It varies so wildly game to game.

Soldato
MS's servers seen to cap out at 600 Mbps which is a bit annoying on my 10Gbps connection, although the Series X only has a 1Gbps port anyway.

If I could use a decent percentage of my connection I would have never bought any storage expansion and just downloaded even 100GB games as and when I fancied playing them in 2 minutes.

or you could just have a standard cheap drive, and move game’s between that is faster than dling.

Man of Honour
I appreciate there is bound to be some issues where games aren't designed with it. Then again, AC games are HDR enabled but have poor implementation. It varies so wildly game to game.

True, that's why I turned it off completely. I only have it on for games designed for it.

Soldato
Today's weirdness. Trying to play halo, it's telling me k need to buy the game or sign in. I am signed in.
I have no idea what's going on generally, never had so many issues on any other SX Ive had.

Also had where I can't pause a download, reset just locks up and it flashes until I turn it off via the button on console. Has there been some update lately? I feel like I'm in some alpha release.

Back
Top Bottom