• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 233 26.2%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I have been waiting for a white SX for ages but no disc drive is a real loss because I tend to buy games used years after release. Not like adding one is expensive, shame they did that :(

Soldato
$100 more for 1tb extra instead off disc drive :cry: :cry: guess they not interested in selling many. on plus point some decent games coming down the line,wonder if they all game pass?

Last edited:
Associate
I thought the presentation was decent, in terms of games coming down the pipeline. On the hardware side though, I'm still not convinced.

Associate
So looking forward to Flight Sim 2024, Indiana Jones, and Gears of War. And yeah the internet was making out that Xbox was finished or scaling back, doesn't look like it.
The internet debate is centred around Xbox being finished with respect to making hardware/consoles ... not as a major multiplatform publisher. And I still think that is very likely ... in a few years after their next handheld/console fails to sell in the quantities that Microsoft shareholders demand. The Xbox brand will then become synonymous with their game studios ( Phil Spencer, Booty and Bond are already speaking in those terms ) to deflect from its failure as a console platform.

Soldato
I dont understand, why would anyone want a disk-less series X in naff white for $449.99 in late 2024.

This should have been their chance to fight back at Sony and sell a super aggressively priced disk-less Series X in a cool color or design.
Not a white one at $449.99, that wont sell well or do them any good.

Associate
I don't see any of these consoles selling well at all. They should've discontinued the Series S, had the disc-less one replace it for 350/400 and the new 2tb X replace the 1tb for 500.

Soldato
I dont understand, why would anyone want a disk-less series X in naff white for $449.99 in late 2024.

This should have been their chance to fight back at Sony and sell a super aggressively priced disk-less Series X in a cool color or design.
Not a white one at $449.99, that wont sell well or do them any good.
Yeah, I thought they were going to come out with a “Pro” version next year too. No need to be buying into Series S/X right now.

Soldato
There are too many models IMO. Have I missed any?

Xbox S Digital 512 White
Xbox S Digital 1TB Black
Xbox S Digital 1TB White
Xbox SX Black 1TB
Xbox SX Digital White 1TB
Xbox SX Black 2TB

Soldato
Thought it was a great showcase, although I thought Atomfall was going to be a new Fallout game set in England when the trailer first started

Not sure what to make of that Dragon Age trailer though. Gameplay apparently is in two days.

This trailer also worried me, it felt like it was a trailer for an online co-op shooter. Hopefully it's nothing of the sort.

Soldato
They should have just dropped the S altogether and made a diskless X with 1TB and a disk X with 2TB and leave it at that.
The S is there best seller so they won’t drop it

If anything it’s the next generation they need to just have one model. I think having the S is good for the consumer but for them it’s a hinderance now

I mean I love my S but i got it due to having a powerful PC and a PS5, use the S as a game pass on tv solution

Last edited:
Associate
They can not discontinue the Series S as it has outsold the Series X by quite a lot.

Yep cos it's half the price, apparently it's considered an impulse purchase.

I think the series s was right but it's also been xbox's noose, with developers complaining about the lack of processing power which has helped to cause sales to drop.

I like the recent announcements I think it's good but between developers complaining about the S, 3rd parties spending more time making the playstation games visually better and taking more advantage of the ps5 console features, and Xbox having the moron that is Phil Spencer at the helm and making everything cross platform, there kinda of isn't a reason to purchase an Xbox, unless you want the back catalogue of games

Soldato
Some interesting games coming. Really liked the look of a few of the titles and of course I’m stoked for a new Doom game! I’m feeling a bit better about gamepass and Xbox in general now.

Associate
Yep cos it's half the price, apparently it's considered an impulse purchase.

I think the series s was right but it's also been xbox's noose, with developers complaining about the lack of processing power which has helped to cause sales to drop.

I like the recent announcements I think it's good but between developers complaining about the S, 3rd parties spending more time making the playstation games visually better and taking more advantage of the ps5 console features, and Xbox having the moron that is Phil Spencer at the helm and making everything cross platform, there kinda of isn't a reason to purchase an Xbox, unless you want the back catalogue of games
I loved my Series S, great little game pass machine. Tiny and ran quiet, it's specs did need bumping up though IMO, it should have been able to play Xbox One X versions of games in back compatibility, not the old original Xbox One version.

Back
Top Bottom