• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Now they've bought Zenimax I'd hope they get some updates for Fallout 4, it chugs quite badly at times, improved fps would be most welcome, also, please, please add keyboard and mouse support to Doom / Doom Eternal / Wolfenstien.

Caporegime
OP
Starting to question my Series S order. Not sure it was the right choice. Immaterial really, as there were no Series X available when I ordered. But I'm tempted to cancel and wait for the X to become available.

The main driver here is backwards compatibility. Presumably Series X is getting all the same enhancements as Series S, but applied to the "One X Enhanced" versions of games (where available). Plus, having a disc drive opens up the possibility of grabbing cheap old games from CEX etc.

I'm also looking ahead to the game's coming out over the next few months, and finding I want to play Cyberpunk, Valhalla, Legion, Fenyx Rising, SW: Squadrons. Probably others as well, but these are the big ones. None of them are on Game Pass. Buying the games on disc and selling them on when completed could save a fair wedge.

You are thinking on the right lines. I've been 100% digital for the past gen but I really think the disc drive is going to be more valuable for those non-game pass games next-gen. I'm fed up of waiting 18-24 months for the digital price to drop before I get to try some games.

Man of Honour
My list of Amazon preordering grows -

X
Play and Charge kit
Valhalla
Cyberpunk

Now just to wait. Oh, and hope my workplace doesn't lose any of them and get them to me by the end of the day on release.

You are thinking on the right lines. I've been 100% digital for the past gen but I really think the disc drive is going to be more valuable for those non-game pass games next-gen. I'm fed up of waiting 18-24 months for the digital price to drop before I get to try some games.

This is my thinking. I'll quickly end up with a backlog anyway that forces me back to cheaper digital options.

Soldato
This has already been covered, Xbox asked Focus Groups and they wanted the flexibility of AA's or a play and charge kit. You can always pick up high capacity rechargeable batteries anyway.

So basically pay an extra £15 for the 'flexibility' to charge your controller. Seems backwards to me, I'm guessing the focus groups were american.

My console sits next to me so I keep it wired permanently without the battery pack in. :p

Nothing would annoy me more than batteries running out mid play so I always have a charge cable nearby whenever I play. Plus I get environmental bonus points for not disposing of batteries, I'm clutching at straws a bit there though.

Soldato
The Elite series 2 doesn't have a removable battery but I've always just used a play and charge kit in the standard controllers. It does save having to buy a new controller if the internal battery dies, or dismantling it and replacing it yourself which I had to do on an old Playstation controller.

Soldato
So basically pay an extra £15 for the 'flexibility' to charge your controller. Seems backwards to me, I'm guessing the focus groups were american.

Nothing would annoy me more than batteries running out mid play so I always have a charge cable nearby whenever I play. Plus I get environmental bonus points for not disposing of batteries, I'm clutching at straws a bit there though.

4x rechargeable AAs = always wireless with essentially no downtime.

Personally I prefer the way Sony does it, especially with the charge dock. But the Xbox solution works fine.

Soldato
4x rechargeable AAs = always wireless with essentially no downtime.

Personally I prefer the way Sony does it, especially with the charge dock. But the Xbox solution works fine.

I'm probably having flashbacks to how often my Wiimotes used to run out. I think I'll do what I do with PS, get two controllers and have one always on charge, but I'll just buy one charge kit.

Soldato
AA Ladda 2450 rechargeables from IKEA they are fantastic - effectively equivalent to Eneloop Pros

Better than my PS4 controllers that have got worse and worse and have captive batteries

Associate
AA Ladda 2450 rechargeables from IKEA they are fantastic - effectively equivalent to Eneloop Pros

Better than my PS4 controllers that have got worse and worse and have captive batteries

Compared to the measly 1000mAH of the PS4 Controller those should last atleast twice as long. That's my concern with the 1560mAH Dual Sense that with all that haptic feedback going on they aren't going to last long.

Soldato
Compared to the measly 1000mAH of the PS4 Controller those should last atleast 3 times as long. That's my concern with the 1560mAH Dual Sense that with all that haptic feedback going on they aren't going to last long.

I've been so pleased with them that I've replaced all my Wii, Xbox etc controller batteries with these

Something like £5 for 4

They all have printed on them Made in Japan :)

Man of Honour

You just throw away the whole controller instead when the batteries stop storing a decent charge :p

Man of Honour
I've also ordered a couple of 'Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C ' from the MS site which are also being released on the 10/11. Can anyone recommend some wifi headphones for use with the X?

Back
Top Bottom