• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Came with the Xbox and the monitor does 4k 60hz connected to my laptop.

BenQ EL2870U

Pretty disappointed tbh
Eawe759

XmKVkaM

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone interested game have multiple Series X bundles up on their website with release date stated as "26/03/21".

/edit. Even have the Series X by itself for £449.99 so more stock seems to be releasing.

Caporegime
Anyone found that quick resume has got really flaky/crashes most of the time? It used to work fine 90% of the time with the odd crash on resuming here and there, but now it crashes almost all the time to the point of being unusable (the game crashes , not the console).

Anyone else found this to be the case?

Is there some sort of cache or something to clear that might fix this?

Man of Honour
R.I.P. Xbox Live

After 18 years, it's now Xbox network (yes, small 'n', which is already triggering my OCD :p).

It’s not Xbox network, it’s the Xbox network. They’re not rebranding it they’re removing it completely as an entity and just refer to the Xbox network when there are issues with their network.

Soldato
Anyone found that quick resume has got really flaky/crashes most of the time? It used to work fine 90% of the time with the odd crash on resuming here and there, but now it crashes almost all the time to the point of being unusable (the game crashes , not the console).

Not had a crash from quick resume once since having since end of December.

Works perfectly from that games that allow it, in general the crashes have been few and far between for a new console.

/edit. Game still have Series X stock if anyone is still trying to source one, seems stock is becoming more frequent now so scalpers aren't snapping them up.

Soldato

I only play Forza really but quick resume is completely broken for that game. I have to make sure I quit the game once I have stopped playing now.

Associate
Quick resume is very game dependent, I just played through The Evil Within 2 and must have resumed 2 dozen times with no issues at all. However, I've also played through Control Ultimate Edition, must have put 50 hours into that game, Quick Resume only worked about 50% of the time.

I'm really enjoying my Series X, pretty sure I've never played as much as I do now ( helps that I've just retired! :) ). Since getting it I've played through..
Cod MW remastered
Cod Infinite
Cod WW2
Quantum break
Inside
Battlefield 5
Gears 5 DLC
Ori and the blind forest
Hellblade
Medium
Metro 2033
The evil within 2
Control Ultimate

Games on the go atm..
Cod Black ops 3
Dirt 5
Wreckfest

Still a ton on my pile of shame waiting to be started..
Division 2
Metro Exodus ( waiting for patch )
Cyberpunk ( waiting for patch )
RDR2 ( praying for patch!! )
plus many more.

Soldato
Empire of Sin is pretty good for anyone that hasn't tried it yet. It's a new GamePass edition which joined on the 18th and made by Paradox who normally do Cities:Skylines and is set in the 1920's around Mob Gangsters.

Little bit clunky with the controls on the controller and so many different menus but overall a pretty decent game.

Associate
I only play Forza really but quick resume is completely broken for that game. I have to make sure I quit the game once I have stopped playing now.
That’s really odd.
I put 50 odd hours in Forza 7, completed career, quick resume never failed once.
Same with horizon 4, probably played that more.
It’s failed the odd time in other games, but never the Forza’s.

Soldato
Prey might be the best thing i've played so far this gen and i'm kicking myself for not getting onboard with it at release. System Shock is one of my fave gaming experiences anbd Prey follows in that trend. With a little Bioshovck thrown in. But mostly System Shock. Brilliant stuff.

Caporegime
Not had a crash from quick resume once since having since end of December.

Works perfectly from that games that allow it, in general the crashes have been few and far between for a new console.

/edit. Game still have Series X stock if anyone is still trying to source one, seems stock is becoming more frequent now so scalpers aren't snapping them up.

How do you know if a game supports it? It seems to try and work for everything, but it seems to have got worse generally for me recently.

I played through the whole of rdr2 and quick resume worked 100% everytime. However fifa 20 and thronebreaker have been dodgy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom