• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Yeah,specially since I only use my PC for gaming ,connected to a TV using controller,but it’s tempting to sell it and move to console completely as it’s worth 4x price of Series X,I don’t think I’m getting 4x enjoyment from it maybe it’s 1.5 times better?
also my TV while high end, is only 60hz so some of PCs power is bottlenecked by the TV anyway.

Its funny I've been weighing up that cost v enjoyment thing too and like you the screen my gaming pc is attached to is only 60Hz so bottlenecking a little.
That said if I play something like Battlefield V on Xbox Series X and then PC its clear that the PC game looks much better; but does that mean I'm enjoying it more? I don't think so!

Soldato
I don't think I could give it up as I like the total war and crusader king games plus there is mods and the odd exclusive that you can't get with a console. Plus I really enjoy reading about the hardware and tinkering.

Man of Honour
I don't think I could give it up as I like the total war and crusader king games plus there is mods and the odd exclusive that you can't get with a console. Plus I really enjoy reading about the hardware and tinkering.

I used to be more into the tinkering than I am now; I did enjoy building it though! Your right on exclusives; even things like Valheim although most other PC things I play (Football Manager & Hearts of Iron) I think would run fine on my MacBook.

The big one for me is Flight Sim; really keen to see what that runs like at 4K on the Xbox Series X; its the main thing that made me build a PC last November but if the console can get close then that could be a big tick for the Xbox!

Soldato
is the Dell 27" 1440p 165hz still the best monitor for the series X? I'm looking for one either with speakers, or a line-out which is half decent (not like the LG)

budget around £300 ish

Associate
Its funny I've been weighing up that cost v enjoyment thing too and like you the screen my gaming pc is attached to is only 60Hz so bottlenecking a little.
That said if I play something like Battlefield V on Xbox Series X and then PC its clear that the PC game looks much better; but does that mean I'm enjoying it more? I don't think so!
what is/was the specs of your gaming PC that you replaced with Series X?
mine is RTX3080 with 5600X Gen 4 NVME and 16GB..I put lots of effort finding those parts and putting it together and wasn't interested in these new consoles initially (was never happy with performance of last gen cosnoles struggling even at 30FPS) but bought a PS5 and played Miles Morales and I was really impressed with how game looked and performed ,also checking gameplay of some new games on Series X/PC there is really not that much noticeable difference + consoles do HDR way better than Windows,and with ray tracing the result is very close to a high end PC it seems.

I think if the price difference was max 2x (for a 3080 based PC vs Series X) PC purchase would have been justified, but 4x the price (without monitor and accesories) ? and only used for gaming on TV doesn't make sense.

Associate
I wasn’t planning on getting a Series X (PC+PS5) but now considering switching from PC completely to console ,so now want a Series X too,what’s the best way to find stock at the moment? do they come in stock regularly?
They come into stock regularly on the Swiss Xbox site
Works out about £392 delivered (there are no additional VAT or import duties via Microsoft).
You do need to have a payment method and shipping address linked to your microsoft account though./

Associate
They come into stock regularly on the Swiss Xbox site
Works out about £392 delivered (there are no additional VAT or import duties via Microsoft).
You do need to have a payment method and shipping address linked to your microsoft account though./
Thanks,do you mean I have to create a new MS account with Swiss address etc and have a fee free card linked? or can I just use my regular UK MS account?
is warranty valid in the UK?

Last edited:
Associate
I used my regular ms account. Just have a Resolut card linked and shipping address on file....... When you try to order it won't let you enter a UK shipping address, but if you have one on file then it let's you select that one. Mine took 2 days to deliver and just swapped for a UK figure 8 power cable.

Soldato
Just started halo 3 and it's not been improved, looks worse than halo 2. Wonder why they didn't improved the graphics seems an odd decision

Edit - just read into it, it was never remastered, fair enough but so jarring playing Halo 2 and then halo 3 looks ancient

Also just realised there is a halo 5 that was never in the MCC, lots more halo to play before Infinite gets released then

halo 4 and 5 are terrible. Just play reach and leave it at that .

Soldato
Soldato
guys I have been trying to contact microsoft due to an account issue and it seems impossible.

A number i google for, if you pick xbox option, it tells you to goto xbox.com/help.

If i go to that url, is a wizard where over 90% of options will tell you "no tech support available for this issue, please try community, faq etc."

A few options will let you request a call back but it never happens.

Does anyone here have a simple number can ring and talk to someone?

Or a ticket/email system.

Back
Top Bottom