Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
believe me the U3011 is well worth the money, incredible monitor

(although I would kill for 3 *27" dell's for surround gaming - but I need some decent graphics cards first lol)

It is but I'd much rather take the risk on these Yamakasi's if they're not as good as hoped. I can sell them on for 2/3 of what I paid I'm sure.

Associate
OP
Well I am going for the 27" Crossover with tilt, slide etc.

Looks well made with solid metal back in white finish. Looks good.

I only surf the web and do the occasional gaming now so not to fussed if its really bad.

Have made offer to seller and with his counter offer looks like $350 dollars delivered. At around £225-£250, looks like a good punt to me at least.

Soldato
Nice one, best of luck. Are you going for one of the ones which have been pixel checked?

When you get it I'm sure a lot of people would be really interested in a mini-review/photos if you have the time :)

Soldato
Yeah that 27" Crossover looks nice with height adjustment and tilt also when you can grab one from flebay for £260 its still a bargain, seems manufacturers are taking decades to release decent 27" IPS panels which include 3D or 120hertz...

There was a LG IPS passive 3D one due soon but would be lovely if one of these manufacturers released a IPS gaming panel with 3D and 120hertz, perhaps in another 1-2 years time may get one...

Been saying 1-2 years for 5 years I think...

Associate
Well I am going for the 27" Crossover with tilt, slide etc.

Looks well made with solid metal back in white finish. Looks good.

I only surf the web and do the occasional gaming now so not to fussed if its really bad.

Have made offer to seller and with his counter offer looks like $350 dollars delivered. At around £225-£250, looks like a good punt to me at least.

Nice, have been reading some user reviews, some are happy with it but the price point kind of lets a few issues slide I think. Some people make a good point about warranty though 3 years cover vs a sketchy guarantee but the savings are around £130 if you get hit with import tax and even more if you get lucky.

Hopefully you're happy with what you get so you can tempt me to go all in on 3 of them ;)

Associate
I have a yamakasi catleap, I have had it since Wednesday. Unfortunately I have not been able to use it yet, I can post some first impressions later today. Not sure it will be much different to anyone elses opinion though. I do have an LG 120hz TN panel to compare it to though.

Customs charged me £17 or something, parcelforce charged me £12.50 handling fee. So it worked out around £275.

Last edited:
Associate
Let us know what that screens like horrorwood.

OK it is pretty amazing. I have used quite a few monitors, including MVA and IPS panels and this is by far the best I've used.

The stand is also good on the cat leap, it spins around on the point. It is slightly wobbly though if you nudge the desk.

The blacks on this really are black (OK not as good as the oled screens on phones, but still amazing for an LCD).

Sadly my screen does not overclock to 120hz, so I can not compare it with my actual 120hz LG W2363D.

I do not know what else to say about it really that has not been said elsewhere, apart from if you are in the market for a monitor and are not bothered by the warranty situation then this should be an obvious choice.

Soldato
I'm really interested in one of these, IF it says "ZERO DEAD PIXEL" I guess that means it's been checked. not 100% sure.

Also for the money what ones better for gaming Catleap or Crossover?

Associate
yea was reading about them on another website, was thinking of trying my luck
on the pcbank 2700 ( saw a review that says it has a little bit better colours and refresh then the others there is even a new super model out that might be even better).

would not be too worried about customs, as the actual value of those monitors is still very cheap , their original price in korea is like €200-250 dollars.

i have seen the zero dead pixel offers too , from what i have read that means it should have no ''dead' pixels , some people have still got stuck pixels or even just dirt under the glass on certain models, but for those prices i would seriously have no problem with that.

Soldato
I take it they are 60hz out the box, how do you force them to be 100hz or 120hz?

Seiously tho, someone needs to import these and sell over here, they would make a killing Hazro I wouldnt touch.. Even with TAX and Import still works out a fair bit cheaper then a Hazro.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just been reading up on the catleap one and it appears to me a LG panel but without the AG coating....

Very Interested now.

Soldato
I have added one to my watch list.
Now to spend Sunday justifying it to myself and seeing how much I can sell my 3D Vision kit with 22" Samsung monitor for. That way on Monday I'll know if I should do it or not.

Soldato
I have added one to my watch list.
Now to spend Sunday justifying it to myself and seeing how much I can sell my 3D Vision kit with 22" Samsung monitor for. That way on Monday I'll know if I should do it or not.

Just do it, dont think about it lol,

On another note i've got my eye on the Perfect Pixel - 3View PCBank PB2700 Super 27" version, it doesnt have DVI-D only HDMI, will HDMI sill get to 2560 x 1440 res?

Associate
I take it they are 60hz out the box, how do you force them to be 100hz or 120hz?

Seiously tho, someone needs to import these and sell over here, they would make a killing Hazro I wouldnt touch.. Even with TAX and Import still works out a fair bit cheaper then a Hazro.

all of them will 60hz yes, depending on the pcb board some of them will do 75hz and even 100hz. on another site they where talking to manufactors about getting more with 100hz or even higher boards.

And the manufactors all seem up for it. Seriously maybe one of the buyers on this site should contact them about a nice OCUK branded one :D

And you think the prices for them are cheap on ebay ,thats which a mark up and the cost of them posting it to you. If you buy them in batch
they can come in to close to $200 which is insane , yes the stands and build is nothing amazing, but if it can sit on my desk and not brush into flames then i would be happy

I've just been reading up on the catleap one and it appears to me a LG panel but without the AG coating....

yes all of them seem to be LG panel which are simliar to the ones in dell or apple i think, only different is while those ones are A+ , these will be A or A-. which to be honest if you get one without any dead pixels which a lot of people have , then it looks to be more then work it

HDMI doesn't support 2560x1440

The ports on them are dvi dual link which will support 2560x1440 , i think there are model with other ports, but thats kinda pointless and people where saying when you have more ports it can increase lag or something ?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom