Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
From the link in the original post:

• All older (READ: those shipped in February 2012 - 2B models) Catleap monitors seem to hit 85hz+ (97hz 100hz+ being the highest so far, which is the GPU's limit at this resolution).

• Newer Catleaps seem to have a top OC limit of 65-67hz. Very few people have received OC-ready Catleaps in March 2012.

Soldato
And the manufactors all seem up for it. Seriously maybe one of the buyers on this site should contact them about a nice OCUK branded one :D

OCUK Would make a fortune on them if they stocked them..

Associate
Hmm. I just bought second 6950 as i think i might buy one of these next month :D
Of the different models.. Wich ones would have the best pciture quality? I don't feel I need the OC that much really... Those prices just seem too good to pass over.
Monitor stands seems all to be not too good, and a bit wobly....

Last edited:
Associate
Just a heads up for you, the 6950 struggles with the resolution in games, I couldn't run the games at the settings I wanted with it (mainly skyrim not running at the highest settings and The Witcher II needing quite a few settings turned down). I returned my 6950 under DSR and went with a 7950, yes it costs more and I still can't max out The Witcher II but it gives a much better experience. (NVIDIA's new offer might be an even better option? Haven't looked up the prices)

Associate
Just a heads up for you, the 6950 struggles with the resolution in games, I couldn't run the games at the settings I wanted with it (mainly skyrim not running at the highest settings and The Witcher II needing quite a few settings turned down). I returned my 6950 under DSR and went with a 7950, yes it costs more and I still can't max out The Witcher II but it gives a much better experience. (NVIDIA's new offer might be an even better option? Haven't looked up the prices)

Uhm, what i meant by second, is that I ordered another one, so I have 2. Would that still struggle?

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone who works for OCUK read the forums, Buy these in I know it can be done with bulk of 100 or so, you would sell these easy over a weekend, I am first in line for one...

Can we make a poll on this who would want it in... Lets get OCUK to sell them in the UK..

Associate
I've gone for a PCBANK one, looking through pictures and impressions from people on OCN and Hardforum that have bought these the stand on the PCBANK seems best for what I want it for. From reading the above mentioned forums, the "Perfect Pixel" seems to mean they do check for stuck pixels but it's not certain if they also check for dead pixels or not. I got mine for £225 from seller "bigclothcraft".

Caporegime
And the manufactors all seem up for it. Seriously maybe one of the buyers on this site should contact them about a nice OCUK branded one :D

OCUK Would make a fortune on them if they stocked them..

Really sweet looking monitors, if ocuk supplied these :) i defo buy 1 or 2... or 3 :)

Anyone who works for OCUK read the forums, Buy these in I know it can be done with bulk of 100 or so, you would sell these easy over a weekend, I am first in line for one...

Can we make a poll on this who would want it in... Lets get OCUK to sell them in the UK..

ocuk please stock these, would easily buy one.

OcUK New Product Suggestions

Soldato
I've gone for a PCBANK one, looking through pictures and impressions from people on OCN and Hardforum that have bought these the stand on the PCBANK seems best for what I want it for. From reading the above mentioned forums, the "Perfect Pixel" seems to mean they do check for stuck pixels but it's not certain if they also check for dead pixels or not. I got mine for £225 from seller "bigclothcraft".

keep us updated plz :)

Soldato

Is this the one that doesnt have DVI-D only HDMI? I brought from the same Seller but got the "Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE 27" LED 2560x1440 WQHD S-IPS Monitor" for £268

Paid a few pound more to have Zero Dead Pixel, I hope that means they check it to make sure it's 100% good before shipping.

Quick Edit, I just had a look on the description and it does say "**Perfect Pixel (Zero Dead Picel)!!**" so would suggest they look for both dead and stuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom