Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I asked my pal to do the auction site stuff for me as he owes me a favour or two. I wrote out the questions I had for the seller and had asked my pal to send them to the seller - but he fails to get the copy-paste right and only sends the seller 3 of my 7 questions,... seller replies,.. with 3 answers. Had to ask pal to send again, properly. So instead of getting my monitor, (Crossover 27Q LED-P), this week, I now have to wait till next week to get it, or even longer is HMC decide to keep it longer.

Next time, I'll try n do this stuff myself, at least I know I won't screw it up. :p

There may be worse yet to come though,..... if my HD5850 cannot run BF:BC2 at a decent res', then I may have to change the GFX card. :-/ Bummer. Still, having the monitor will more than make up for the hassle of a GFX card not being up to scratch. :D

Oh - does anyone want to do a little joint venture with me on getting some transfers of the Crossover logo I redesigned out to buyers on various forums? I need financing to get a few hundred of them printed, and some way for proud Crossover owners to buy them. I'm hoping that the Crossover firm will eventually see the design in peoples pictures and either buy it from me, or pay me to stop producing them. :D
Anyone want to help?

I should point out though that I do not know if the newer '8' Crossover logo that's on the newer editions of the monitors can be easily removed, (conversely, PCBank logos can be removed with suncream IIRC), so would need to know this before getting any transfers printed. So, any help would be immense. We can discuss percentages etc via Trust. :)

Anyone else buying a monitor soon then?

Associate
Was wondering if anyone could help me answer my question, I would like to know if it's possible to buy the 300 dollar ish (standard Catleap 27" with no HDMI input) and use a adapter on the DVI slot so I am able to connect a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 via HDMI with it?

Thanks!

Soldato
Was wondering if anyone could help me answer my question, I would like to know if it's possible to buy the 300 dollar ish (standard Catleap 27" with no HDMI input) and use a adapter on the DVI slot so I am able to connect a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 via HDMI with it?

Thanks!

Wait, the one with nothing but a DVI port?

No scalar.

Soldato
Wow, kind of half looking for a new monitor, living in SK I can pick up the full range of input sporting 27" Catleap for £175, the cheap DVi only are £130

Might bring a few over as gifts for family!

Soldato
Ok guys need purchase one of these this morning but not sure which one to get ?

Will be hooked up to my Nvidia 570GTX which has 2 DVI & 1 HDMI, its only going to be used as a monitor and not plugging any consols into it. So many makes but have found the green-sum seller so might go with him. Budget is about £250 including being stung import duty.

Associate
Ok guys need purchase one of these this morning but not sure which one to get ?

Will be hooked up to my Nvidia 570GTX which has 2 DVI & 1 HDMI, its only going to be used as a monitor and not plugging any consols into it. So many makes but have found the green-sum seller so might go with him. Budget is about £250 including being stung import duty.

You'd not go far wrong with a Shimian or a Catleap at that price, (inc' customs slap). Build quality is a little questionable but they're still good for what you pay. I may be getting a Crossover 27Q LED-P, (-p denotes Pivot stand), a DVI-D cable and a wall mount swing arm thingy for about £240 plus a potential £20-£30 customs slap. The Crossover monitors have better build quality and as a result cost a little extra.

If the seller marks all their outgoing parcels as gifts and lowers the marked value of said, 'gift', the potential for getting slapped by customs is significantly lowered; some buyers have been known to not get slapped by a fee at all. :)

If you're not in a major rush to get one, spend a few days reading various internet forums about the various, 'brands', available to help make up your mind so you're well informed before you part with the moolah.

Good luck! :D

Caporegime
With a difference of circa £70 (if I get stung with customs), I am seriously considering the £320 Digimate, just because warranty issues will be so much easier to deal with.

If I could get an offshore one for £250 maximum that had a hassle-free returns process, I would consider it, but I can't find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom