Yellowstone

Associate
Well I do think Yellowstone is running out of ideas so its bound to end sooner than later.

The whole Jamie/Beth thing cant last much longer without one of them being killed by the other. John has been Govenor - so whats left President ?

The ranch has been under attack by so many - they cant keep retreading basically the same story.

Plus if they throw any more dead bodies over that cliff the pile will have reached the top !

Soldato
Whilst I agree that it has dipped a bit, its still one of my favourite shows at the moment. The show has some absolutely brilliant moments even in season 5. For me season 5 peaked at Ep6.
Frustrating waiting for the 2nd half of S5, looking like it'll be summer before we get it.
Yeah, I really do still like it and always eager for more. There is just some very simplistic and brute force story telling throughout that is quite jarring. When it's good, it's absolutely amazing but some times, it's almost laughable.

I'll keep watching and being depressed we don't have that landscape on our doorstep though. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
TV’s top-rated drama, “Yellowstone,” could be coming to an end with several of the cast expected to shift to a major new spin-off.

The main reason for this relates to Kevin Costner and disagreements over shooting schedules according to the outlet. Costner had originally limited himself to 65 days of shooting on “Yellowstone” and only wanted to shoot for 50 days for the first part of the current fifth season.

As Costner plays series lead John Dutton, this disagreement has been a source of frustration for Sheridan and it is reportedly causing morale problems for the others in the cast.

So the report claims Paramount Network has declined Costner’s most recent proposal and instead made the decision to move on to the other show. Now they’re figuring out a franchise extension that Sheridan will write with McConaughey currently in negotiations to star.

Last edited:
Soldato
On the subject of Sheridan, once I've binged YS, which is better Mayor or Tulsa?

Both are good in their own ways, Tulsa has a stupid story for a modern day setting but they make it work and it's been renewed for s2. Mayor feels more 'real' waiting for s2 to finish airing before watching it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Noooo!!
Maybe I had the treat of binge watching it all rapidly but I was ready for even more Yellowstone.

That's the thing, it's a show that lends well to binging as you don't get chance to think about it too much episode to episode and notice all the plot holes and bad character decisions. I've watched weekly most of the way through and it's quite glaring at times.

On the subject of Sheridan, once I've binged YS, which is better Mayor or Tulsa?

Halfway through S1 of MoK and can't really fault it, every episode has had me gripped and Renner shines.

Last edited:
Associate
Re Yellowstone, in a way that could be a blessing in disguise and force them to make some tough story choices and stop the rinse and repeat its been stuck in for at least the last 3 seasons.

I watched 2 of Tulsa and couldnt get on with it. Not sure the outright comic tone suits Taylor Sheridan, or maybe Stallone was just bad.

Mok, i'm still watching, now into S2 , its entertaining but very silly .

Theres a deal with the devil that drives the story, that really makes no sense at all given the people involved and it just piles on the daftness after that.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Just got into this show and been racking my brain for 1 and a half seasons trying to figure out who that Monica lady reminds me of, and I finally got it... a young Val Kilmer! Anyone else see it, or are my cells truly roasted? :cry:

Soldato
Just got into this show and been racking my brain for 1 and a half seasons trying to figure out who that Monica lady reminds me of, and I finally got it... a young Val Kilmer! Anyone else see it, or are my cells truly roasted? :cry:

WTF lol

Associate

Yeah, totally roasted, although having just had a look I see it and now can't unsee it!!

• Love
Reactions: NVP
Back
Top Bottom