Yellowstone

Soldato
Problems behind the scenes still ongoing - imagine when we finally get the end of S5, it may be the last we see of the current Duttons, I imagine Sheridan is feverishly writing him out at the moment.

Kevin Costner, Kelly Reilly, Cole Hauser, Luke Grimes, Kelsey Asbille, Wes Betley, Gil Birmingham, and Jacki Weaver were all to originally be on hand along with executive producers Taylor Sheridan and David Glasser, among others.

When the actual panel at the Dolby Theater took place though, a PaleyFest rep said the lineup had changed just before the panel was set to begin. The result? The only cast and crew in attendance were Paramount Network Development & Production VP Keith Cox, along with actors Mo Brings Plenty, Dawn Olivieri, Josh Lucas and Wendy Moniz.

Back in February came word that Paramount Global and Paramount Network were moving to end “Yellowstone” in its current form and plan a new ‘franchise extension’ series with Matthew McConaughey in talks to star and several of the cast of the main series jumping on board.

The reason for that shift related to Costner and disagreements over shooting schedules, according to Deadline. As Costner plays series lead John Dutton, the disagreements have frustrated Sheridan and have reportedly caused morale problems for others in the cast.

It’s the nature of Costner’s continuation that remains up for speculation. Part of the issue according to Puck (via Vulture) is that shooting of the fifth season was reportedly supposed to be completely finished by 2022. However Sheridan, occupied with multiple projects running at once, couldn’t deliver the scripts on time indicates the outlet.

At the same time, Costner wants to focus on his own “Horizon” film series which has already shot its first entry and is currently casting its sequel.

Soldato
However Sheridan, occupied with multiple projects running at once, couldn’t deliver the scripts on time indicates the outlet.
Sounds a fair issue. He does seem to have his hand in A LOT of shows, so if I were Costner I think I'd be saying 'if you cba to sort our script on schedule and instead mess with all our timetables, I'm off to do other stuff...'

Soldato
So, as someone on S1E3 I've seen a lot that seems a bit OTT and very coincidental - I mean...spoilers...

...such a large bit of land but just happen to drive by a dodgy white van, kill the guys and then bury them, next day the new builders are on site, and nobody realised where they were digging?,

I mean, I'm enjoying it but not too sure...is it worth it? I loved Ozark, Top Boy, Sopranos and Breaking Bad...am I going to be disappointed?

Associate
By season 4 it started getting silly. Season 5 the first half (did they make a second Half?) managed to take it to another level.

Soldato
Because of the kinda stuff you mention, personally I think the show is overrated, so yes, you may be disappointed.
Yeah, I mean - I don't mind 'small world co-incidences' but ...again spoilers...

he just executed his brother-in-law, then goes and buries a couple guys (everyone acting like it's a daily chore) in the middle of a building site that he surely must know about...and then leaving his son to go off and chase the van? I mean, there's a lot of stretching there. Don't get me wrong, all shows are guilty of these kinds of things, but I don't know...it is really high scoring but I wonder if part of that is because Americans love the cowboys?

Soldato
The Bro-in-law mentioned this on the weekend and was amazed I'd not watched it.. so whilst I still have paramount + I fired it up and have binge watched S1/S2 this week!

It might be due to watching it in my home cinema setup (Projector, large screen) that helps immerse you a bit more, but it's been really good so far, not perfect, Beth's character is ??? Jamies emasculation feels badly contrived, and obviously some of the fight scenes are a little daft.. but hey-ho..

I'll try to get through it all as quickly as possible, and then might do as everyone suggests, give 1883 a try since that is pushed as a suggestion..

Back
Top Bottom