yet another messi thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Andybtsn said:
Its just as bad as cheating for a pen when you have pretty much 90% of scoring it. And that goes on day in, day out in football.
He did that the same night as well. Thankfully the referee booked him and made him look like an idiot.

Caporegime
HangTime said:
Shocking pen given to the Argies, slightest of contacts and Tevez went down like a pint of cider on a hot summers day.
It was a full body check obstruction.

The only issue is that I believe obstruction results in an indirect free-kick, not a penalty.

Soldato
Fantastic goal, gotta agree that it really instantly reminded me of Rooney's chip

wedgie said:
Chipping the keeper isn't the same as a normal shot (the further out you are the harder it is to score). The closer you are to goal the harder the chip shot is to execute due to the skill level required and tiny margin for error.
^^^^^ Agree with that though

Caporegime
The thing about Messi's goal is, if you watch the height of it, it's never near the crossbar, which means that the keeper was a mile off his line. It was a mix of good execution and terrible goalkeeping (for the 2nd time in the match if you've seen Heinze's goal), believe me, the keeper has made that look a lot better than it is.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
The thing about Messi's goal is, if you watch the height of it, it's never near the crossbar, which means that the keeper was a mile off his line. It was a mix of good execution and terrible goalkeeping (for the 2nd time in the match if you've seen Heinze's goal), believe me, the keeper has made that look a lot better than it is.

Spot on, no one can ever convince me that that was better than Rooney's against Portsmouth. Hell Rooney also chipped the Watford keeper last season at OT and that was more comparable to Messi's than the Portsmouth goal.

Rooney's chip against Pompy is out on it's own. :)

Rooney v Watford

Soldato
Tom84 said:
You mean Pires? And yeah that was a class goal chipping it over the defender as well.

err yeah it might have been him :o. No wonder i couldnt find it on youtube lol.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnX62YycUw

EDIT

Actually after watching that i'm sure Henry scored a different one against Schmeichel when he was virtually on the line.

Last edited:

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Brilliant goal. Probably the best player in the world imo. Although to be fair I don't watch him enough to make a proper decision.

Caporegime
Jet said:
Brilliant goal. Probably the best player in the world imo. Although to be fair I don't watch him enough to make a proper decision.
I'd disagree.

For me, there are 5 wonderkids in the world.

1) Ronaldo
2) Kaka
3) Fabregas
4) Rooney
5) Messi

And yes, that's my order too.

Permabanned
For Messi to do that in a Semi Final of the biggest cup comp in South America awesome, its like a bit different from Rooney chipping Watford 3-0, Messi had to score.

Don
NokkonWud said:
I'd disagree.

For me, there are 5 wonderkids in the world.

1) Ronaldo
2) Kaka
3) Fabregas
4) Rooney
5) Messi

And yes, that's my order too.

How old do you have to be to be a wonderkid? Kaka is 24 now I think.

Messi offers a lot more to a game than Rooney and has a lot more ability.

Soldato
It's hard to compare Rooney and Messi as they're different kinds of players, running with the ball Messi is proberly better but Messi cant strike the ball like Rooney can. Messi v Ronaldo would proberly be a better comparison and begrudgingly I'd proberly have to admit that given his age Messi is proberly the better of the 2

Rooney's goal is still the best though :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Messi had less time on the ball, took fewer touches and chipped it from a harder position. It probably takes less vision to score from inside the box rather than out but far more skill. IMO, Messi's goal was much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom