yet another messi thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yup saw this when I woke up this morning, shame the games are on at a crap time. I think the finals on relatively early Sunday (11pm?) so I might watch it. Didn't realise Veron was getting a game for Argentina these days :eek:

Soldato
Andybtsn said:
Like most good players unfortunately, its just a case of how much of a cheat?
Deliberately sticking the ball in the net with your hand with intent to deceive the referee is about as bad as you get imo.

Don
weringo said:
Deliberately sticking the ball in the net with your hand with intent to deceive the referee is about as bad as you get imo.

Its just as bad as cheating for a pen when you have pretty much 90% of scoring it. And that goes on day in, day out in football.

Don
Tom84 said:
Twas a good goal no doubt but Rooney's against Portsmouth last season was better but that didn't get half as much press coverage as this one :rolleyes:

Press coverage? First I heard about the goal :/

And I think Messi's was better than the Rooney chip, although that was very good too.

Man of Honour
Good goal but you see something as good most months in the Prem.

Shocking pen given to the Argies, slightest of contacts and Tevez went down like a pint of cider on a hot summers day.

Soldato
Andybtsn said:
Press coverage? First I heard about the goal :/

And I think Messi's was better than the Rooney chip, although that was very good too.

They've been harping on about it on SSN all day :rolleyes:

How can you say Messi's was better? Rooney's was outside of the area for one, not to mention James was hardly even off his line and Rooney found the top corner.

Check it again mate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBKC6Or5DSA ;)

Don
Tom84 said:

How can you say Messi's was better? Rooney's was outside of the area for one, not to mention James was hardly even off his line and Rooney found the top corner.

James was far enough of his line for any capable player to lob him.

If you play football, chipping a ball like Rooney did is quite easy, obviously getting it to perfection is hit and miss but Messi's took a lot more skill to get over the keeper.

SSN, also repeats stuff all day, mate. Hence why you would have seen it a few times ;)

Soldato
Tom84 said:

Messi's chip is better than Rooney's, without question.

It's also worth noting that Messi's goal is superior for the very reason you think Rooney's was better (the distance it was scored from).

Chipping the keeper isn't the same as a normal shot (the further out you are the harder it is to score). The closer you are to goal the harder the chip shot is to execute due to the skill level required and tiny margin for error.

Not to take anything away from Rooney's goal, but I was pulling off shots like that in training at U13's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom