Yewen looks at: Lian Li S80b

Soldato
OP
Fans are ok, running 12v at the moment and sound the same as Ambers at 7v!

Liking these Lian Li 121's a fair bit.

Will probably drop them to 7v mid week.

Not used the case for long enough to have a good idea of anything. If you give me a few days of using the case I will be in a much better position to answer things. My opinion may change as the case MIGHT develop a huge rattle, but I highly doubt it. :p

Associate
cant wait for pics, looks an awesome case, although its taller than the woman on the french website, i think wed know who win in a fight between them two!

rofl @ WJA96

Soldato
The price is pretty irrelavant when you compare it to a processor - say you buy a Core 2 Duo CPU from OcUK for £400 in 2 weeks time. In 6 months time it will only be worth £150. The case will have cost £175, true, but if you keep all the bits and pieces and look after it it will either last you 3 or 4 upgrades or be resaleable for ~70% of what you paid for it. Lian Li hold their prices astonishingly well.

I used to worry about case prices, now it's the only thing I don't bother about too much.

Soldato
OP
You could have it for 5 years, and if its mint and you have all the screws, easily get 60% back from it then.

Not bad, considering its had 5 years use!

I agree with WJA96, the only part of the PC that does not depreciate at a silly rate, and you get the most for your money PC wise aswell, as you get a lot of solid metal. :D

Associate
Guess im convinced, i like long lasting, quality upgradable stuff. Ive never built a computer before, gonna sell a few things and probably build one up for the end of next month.

Associate
looks an awsom case! can we have some pics once everything is installed please? :) How quiet is it and how big is it in relation to other Lian Li's?

Soldato
OP
McDaniel said:
is it diseased?

Seems to have a giant hunch on its back :)

Removeable. :p

Uploading the new pictures now, not going to comment on the case yet as I still need time as im starting to get niggles with it but need to be sure of everything.

But one thing is for sure, the stock fans are dire once they are not drowned out by a delta. :p

Soldato
OP
Well, just some pictures, I not that these make the case look poor and the power button is amazing in person, with a logo of the power icon not lit with blue halo's getting brighter further out, the hard drive LED is also a reset switch, and has the same effect but solid red with the reset icon in the middle.

Both have really really small throws, you basically tap tham to make them work. But here are some pictures of the build.

s80%20002%20(Medium).jpg

s80%20003%20(Medium).jpg

s80%20004%20(Medium).jpg

s80%20005%20(Medium).jpg

s80%20006%20(Medium).jpg

Attention to detail, even the PSU holding parts have rubber covers to dampen noise, got to hand it to Lian Li on that one. More of the little touches in my upcomming review!

Back
Top Bottom