Yewen looks at: Lian Li S80b

Soldato
OP
The dustproofs in any situation shine though.

I want to get it with cheaper fans if possible, gotten them as my fallback incase I dont manage it! ;)

Associate
I was just thinking...please don't be too shocked :cool:

Will there be enough space to put a 120mm blow hole above the graphic card on the inner side panel. If will therefore get the air from the same place as the front fans (from the holes on the side towards the back and because the hole is on the inner panel the sound should still be dampened. Yewen what is the distance between the inside panel and where you put the screws into expansion card bracket.

What do you think? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Possible, most certainly.

If it would not fit on the inside you could always mount it on the outside.

Had no heat issues though, just got to find enough time to do a mass fan swap.

Associate
Yewan , ive just got one of these cases - but as im simple i cannot get my cdrom into the case !!!! (i know i know) How do you go about doing this ????

many thanks

the dog

Associate
well the mobo is in , so i only have the top open area for it to get into !!! i cant seem to get an agle when its straight!!!

I started trying to get through the front - that was how my previous two cases where accessed and in doing so made the door fall off onto my foot ! And semi bugger the spring clip!!!

That instruction sheet is useless! I could have paid a translator and saved some time and money already!

Any other ideas apart from take the mobo and everything back out ??!?!?!

Thanks for your reply

:confused:

Associate
Oh P.S

Your right about the fans, im not overly keen on them. I can see that they will become noisy once dust etc has gotten to them - do you know if the lian li fan controller is any good? I dont really want to put my musketeer into it as it will ruin the aesthetics of the case!
Any other good fan suggestions, once i get my cdrom in !!! DAMN :p

Soldato
OP
TR3a is not a fan controller in the normal sense, better of just buying a decent set of fans, noisey fans at 12v will be just as bad comparably at 7v.

And getting it in with the mobo in, hmm, would it fit in the hole for the PSU?

This is something you normally fit in before you carry on with the build, and it will go in through the front aswell. Just take your time and remove two 5" bay covers.

Associate
Thats where im stuck, i can arrows pointing up on the inside of the drive bay covers but how do you remove them? Seriously very sorry to ask such newbish questions. I tend just to chuck things in and see what happens - this time i got stuck :eek:

Soldato
OP
No worries, they can be a pain if youve never used a Lian Li before. :)

They have these little nipples on each side, on the inside of the drve cage, you need to pick a side, I usually take the right on, pull inwards on the tab while pushing foreward and the cover will move out. Now do the same on the left.

Go round to the front, and then pull it out a bit more, then bend in the tabs to get the nipples away from the case front.

Do this twice, and you should be able to feed the drive in. :)

The door is open of all of this, if you are still having trouble let me know as I can make you a instructional video. :p

Associate
HEE heee huuh huuh , thats pretty cool beavis!

Wow what numpty thought that was the way to do things ??? Clever though in a kinda sneaky beaky way. That has just set me back around an hour ! :eek:

I could have removed everything and started again by now ! Thanks very much for your help - most appreciated, thankyou.
also
thanks for the heads up on the fan controller(non)! ive just seen the aphacool lcd panel

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Other_Control_Units.html

Ohhh im tempted, damn you OcUK

Soldato
OP
Don't get that.

Find something called a matrix orbital. ;)

Much better! Glad I could help, if you get stuck on anything else add me to msn or just post back and ill help out if I can. :)

Its a good drive system, keeps them all in line, without need for screws everywhere.

Associate
Sorry to hijack your post yewan ; another quick question/idea on the s80b

Would a standard fan controller work with the door? Ideally i would want it fitting flush, so would the zalman fan controller work or is there another that you can suggest - i am planning on getting 2 gpu coolers (vf900) and would ideally like them to be linked to where i can easily control them ...

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Been quite busy with the whole UB and settling in and the Don and settling it.

I have it half written, again its a month late but will be soon. Sorry for the delay.

(Got some interviews possibly coming up so that may add a few more days still. :p)

If you like the look of it buy it, if you have any doubts then I would not go for it. Best case in the world, or a pain in the rear end depending on how you look at it.

Soldato
Looks awesome yewen, but im not a fan of doors.

Erm, i know no shop talk but i ordered my lian-li side panel and a few HIS x1900xt's on tues and no sign of them yet. Now the side panel is out of stock. Any ideas ?

Soldato
OP
adfinni said:
Looks awesome yewen, but im not a fan of doors.

Erm, i know no shop talk but i ordered my lian-li side panel and a few HIS x1900xt's on tues and no sign of them yet. Now the side panel is out of stock. Any ideas ?

I do not work for them just a moderator here. :) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/contact.htm give them a ring or drop them a webnote and they will be able to help.

And to the dremel idea, way ahead already on that one. Not going to say what it is but its more, lets make a slightly bigger space so I can run a wire through.

Back
Top Bottom