"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I’ve posted this before but I’ll post it again - my father told me years ago when I first started going to pubs and clubs ‘never tell someone to **** off unless you’re prepared to take your hands out of your pockets and make them’
Your father gave you excellent advice.

Caporegime
With people like that its best to not engage at all.

Ive only got into a couple of physical fights and im not a fan personally...

The most memorable one was some short middle aged bloke harassing a female bartender friend, i tapped him on the shoulder and told him to clear off and he did, but came up to me when i went outside and shoved me, I said something like "leave it out mate." but he called me a see-you-next-tuesday and shoved me again and spilled most of my beer, so I dropped the (fortunately plastic) cup containing the dregs of my beer and lamped him one. He came in for more but three or four randoms got in his way, and then he cleared off. It felt good, but at the same time made me worry i was going to bump into him when he was with some friends. Also punching someone in the jaw bloody hurts!!

If i hadnt already had a couple I would almost certainly not have done that, and just informed the security at the door instead.

Fortunately it was a couple of years til i saw him again, and he recognised me in a different bar, he came up to me and i thought "oh here we go..." but he apologised and offered to buy me a drink, which i declined because i was driving. Said "thanks though" and that was the end of it.

If confronted im usually just polite and might give an incincere "sorry mate" which usually does the trick and results in them murmuring something to you and wandering off feeling like theyve won.

Better than escalating and squaring up to them, only for them to pull a knife on you!

Its usually the weedy little shrimps that provoke random people like he did. Small man syndrome.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd have taken advantage of Tesco's wide range of highly affordable kitchen ware and got fully ready for battle; forged aluminium wok helmet, cast iron griddle pan chest protection, a pair of stainless steel BBQ skewers and a ready cooked garlic chicken to enjoy post victory.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The OP can easily 'beat' him the next time using the same preferred constructive method - anger in defense of the higher social good. I will post a (real life) example later if he wishes.

How a 4ft tall 12yo kid beat an aggressive (and 6ft tall approx 17 stone) 20yo that was intent on 'kicking his head in' entirely unprovoked.

Edit. OP, or you can send me a private msg thing in the forum if you like for the inside story.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd have taken advantage of Tesco's wide range of highly affordable kitchen ware and got fully ready for battle; forged aluminium wok helmet, cast iron griddle pan chest protection, a pair of stainless steel BBQ skewers and a ready cooked garlic chicken to enjoy post victory.
Hahaha... :D

Caporegime
For the record, many people are exempt from the face mask requirement, and/or have a right to ask others to remove their own masks.

Also if you're going to be aggressive to someone, be prepared to back it up.

Many people are milking it tbh... very very few really can't wear them and frankly they can jog on re: asking anyone else to remove theirs.

If this bloke was capable of walking normally, carrying a basket of shopping and gobbing off at some stranger/asking him to have a fight outside then clearly he could wear a face mask and was being a ****.

Most people with conditions that might provide an exemption could wear them (and plenty do wear them despite the possible exemption), others are just using excuses - like most asthmatics or people with COPD could wear them, having asthma isn't some blanket excuse to not wear one, its merely a reason why you *might* not wear one if it genuinely causes difficulties - some very severe cases of COPD might struggle but they're probably best off isolating to begin with.

Likewise a mother of say a severely autistic teenager has my sympathies, the teenager might have no clue at all about face masks and throw a tantrum etc.. On the other hand some bloke with aspergers or high functioning autism who is out and about doing his shopping and doesn't want to wear a mask "because muh hidden disabilities" is clearly just using disability as an excuse.

There is a big sense of entitlement in the UK among some people with any sort of condition/"disability" etc..

Soldato
seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

Next time you'll be using the back doors.

You may want to get fit and pack some muscle on. Most folk who look like they can handle themselves don't tend to get idiots taking them on in the middle of a supermarket.

Anyone else visualising a gym workout sequence and hearing Eye Of The Tiger?

If you walked out the main entrance, he would have had an involuntary lobster reflex and backed off, never to bother people again.

Vote OP name change to "involuntary lobster reflex".

Also, stand in front of the mirror and practise giving a withering stare accompanied by a tut escalating into an exasperated sigh. Might come in handy as an option next time you are about to dig yourself into a hole by opening your mouth. Then if he does offer you satisfaction you can honestly claim that you said nothing.

Caporegime
The OP can easily 'beat' him the next time using the same preferred constructive method - anger in defense of the higher social good. I will post a (real life) example later if he wishes.

How a 4ft tall 12yo kid beat an aggressive (and 6ft tall approx 17 stone) 20yo that was intent on 'kicking his head in' entirely unprovoked.

Edit. OP, or you can send me a private msg thing in the forum if you like for the inside story.

Lolwut?

A 12 year old beating a fully grown 20 year old.

Was it Anderson Silva's son or was the 20 year old built like Bill Gates?

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Lolwut?

A 12 year old beating a fully grown 20 year old.

Was it Anderson Silva's son or was the 20 year old built like Bill Gates?

Nah. It turned out the kid had figured out (independently discovered) what was/is also claimed to be the old chinese warlord Sun Tzu's best method, by himself by the age of 12.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Punched him in the balls?

That's mothers advice :)

The kid just ignored the others' game, got angry and pulled him up in more ways than 1. I only recognised the method he used when I spotted it in a book of war quotes someone gave me as a gift a decade ago. Though, if I think about it, there are somewhat related ideas / methods just as old if not older in the saying of various ancient writers.

Eg. 'Know all things. Hold fast the good.'; 'Treat others how you want to be treated.' - in part.

Edit. The method that kid used is the same one I taught my own kids. Mainly because it makes size and age and position irrelevant.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
RxR, your nonsense is showing again sir. :p

Complaining about exchange rates doesn't improve your estate. :^)

Recipes obviously vary by locale and time of day. I'm eating sour cream and onion potato chips @ 1pm here.

I do remember though, it was either NVP or [FnG]Magnolia's life tips or universe lessons thread where I said much the kiddiwinks lessons same thing:

What's the best way to defeat your opponent?

What's the one thing to always do?

Yadda yadda...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
With people like that its best to not engage at all.

Ive only got into a couple of physical fights and im not a fan personally...

The most memorable one was some short middle aged bloke harassing a female bartender friend, i tapped him on the shoulder and told him to clear off and he did, but came up to me when i went outside and shoved me, I said something like "leave it out mate." but he called me a see-you-next-tuesday and shoved me again and spilled most of my beer, so I dropped the (fortunately plastic) cup containing the dregs of my beer and lamped him one. He came in for more but three or four randoms got in his way, and then he cleared off. It felt good, but at the same time made me worry i was going to bump into him when he was with some friends. Also punching someone in the jaw bloody hurts!!

If i hadnt already had a couple I would almost certainly not have done that, and just informed the security at the door instead.

Fortunately it was a couple of years til i saw him again, and he recognised me in a different bar, he came up to me and i thought "oh here we go..." but he apologised and offered to buy me a drink, which i declined because i was driving. Said "thanks though" and that was the end of it.

If confronted im usually just polite and might give an incincere "sorry mate" which usually does the trick and results in them murmuring something to you and wandering off feeling like theyve won.

Better than escalating and squaring up to them, only for them to pull a knife on you!

Its usually the weedy little shrimps that provoke random people like he did. Small man syndrome.

Yup. Had a few times where semi-drunk people push in front of me in the queue at the bar in clubs, etc. looking at you for the reaction almost certainly looking for a fight - I just let them get on with it. Problem is I'm slim and mild mannered in person and it tends to make people think I'm a push over but in reality if they backed me into a corner most of these people would not come off better - but always the chance they are sneaking a knife, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom