Your bad driving encounters

Soldato
I thought there was another recent thread like this but couldn’t find it. Mods please merge if there is one.

So post your encounters with dodgy drivers in here.

Today I saw three people jump different red lights within the space of about 10 minutes.

Also had the usual experiences of people driving in the middle lane of a motorway not overtaking anyone today, crossing over the opposite lane when making a right turn and braking because someone else braked 500 meters up the road but the road is empty in front of them.

It’s honestly like whacky races around here.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I could literally write pages.

On my way to work a few days ago was in a queue of traffic at temporary lights, I was 4th in the queue and an ambulance about 10 cars behind me lit up just as the lights changed - 2 of the cars in front of me went before they'd have really noticed it but the 3rd one really should have held back - as I stopped to let it through the person behind me went to go around me, then realised only after they'd started to manoeuvre and I noticed 3-4 cars in the queue did similar but actually half-way or more into the other side of the road before they realised why the person in front of them hadn't moved... then had to try and reverse out the way holding the ambulance up momentarily...

On the other hand a couple of weeks back while queued in heavy traffic at the end of the dual-carriageway that goes into the town I work in when an unmarked police car stuck their lights and siren on the whole queue made a lane down the middle as one perfectly in sync - I couldn't believe it.

It's quite scary how unaware people are. I was having a drive a few weeks ago and saw there was a police car coming about five cars back from me, started to slow a little and pull to the side of the road. Car behind me didn't realise what was happening even with the police car behind them with full lights and sirens for a good 30 seconds.

Soldato
OP
A1 section with 3 lanes near Newcastle. Massive problem with middle lane morons and as far as I can tell 90% of them are women.
That’s the undertake zone for me. Stick at 50 in the inside lane and overtake the wallies in lanes 2 and 3.

Soldato
OP
Everyone does it I usually pull up gingerly at the junction to turn right incase someone hurtling down the road is going to cut the corner infront of me, sometimes I get there just before them and the exaggerated extra turn they have to do together with the look of surprise that someone is sitting in their favourite corner cutting spot is worth it

Some people look genuinely annoyed that you're preventing them from cutting the corner.

Soldato
OP
Are others noticing an increase in people not holding back behind parked cars when it isn't their right of way? Or even reducing their speed in width restrictions? I dread to think how close our wing mirrors have passed pretty much every time I go down a road near me.

Yeah, had that yesterday when they would have only been delayed by ten seconds by waiting. Moments before that someone tried to pull away from a parking spot at the opposite side of the road without indicating. Good times.

Soldato
OP
Rather than start another thread - one of my brother's colleagues killed in an accident today - literally a few cars back from him on the way to work

Just seems to be endless serious accidents on the roads around here lately, there was one just by where this accident happened only yesterday ( https://www.somersetcountygazette.c...-airlifted-southmead-hospital-a371-collision/ ) :( this is like the 8th young women killed within a few miles of where I live or work since the 1st of December!!! including one of my friend's partner.
Are the roads bad in terms of design or narrowness?

Soldato
OP
40mph road, car waiting at a junction to pull out, and waits, until I’m near enough of course for it to cause an issue when she then pulls out. I beep because I’ve got to slow considerably for this moron, to which instead of apologising she flips me off and then as expected, brake checks me at the next roundabout.

No idea why so many people react by brake checking because a) your on my dashcam and b) I’ve got far far stronger brakes than you, so it makes little different ultimately.
C'mon, share the dash cam footage :p

Soldato
OP
Enjoyed some people driving under 70mph on the motorway today who speed up when I go to overtake them.

Also had the pleasure of someone who absolutely refused to move to the inside lane on a dual carriageway despite nobody being on the inside lane and them also not doing 70mph.

Soldato
OP
Second week in a row my bus to work has been overtaken on a suburban, 30mph road by an impatient goon.

It’s the express bus too so it’s not that it stops at every stop and it certainly felt like we were doing 30mph.

WTF people!

Soldato
OP
Mine has also only ever kicked in once (suspected crash for cash situation and it really saved my bacon). The warning beep does give some false alarms though.

Soldato
OP
Sigh and another one coming home tonight - 30s and 40s right up my arse, NSL and they fall way back - wasn't until I got to 5-6 miles of open road before I could put good distance on them. If I'd had to emergency brake for any reason they'd been right in the back of me no ifs or buts. How are people's brains this scrambled they can't see how stupid it is?

Truck loaded up with pallets as well so not an ideal situation at all.

Need to hook up my rear dashcam :s

I nearly posted the same thing yesterday about people's complete inability to know what the speed limit is. Was on a NSL road yesterday and was at the back of a train of 6 cars behind one person who was doing 25 - 30 for some reason (this was in fine, sunny, dry conditions). :confused:

Soldato
OP
Oh really ?
Have to give that a go !!
My post might have been inspired by a van driver parked off my local high street, immediately next to a mini-roundabout, where one of the exits is obscured by buildings, blocking one half of the road. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom