Your bad driving encounters

Good one just now. Travelling at 70mph down a dual carriageway in the left lane. I’m turning off left shortly and at about the 250 yard marker board there’s a side road for a couple of houses.

Some absolutely lunatic emerges from the side road, despite seeing me, when I’m about 25 metres from them (it’s about a 70 degree turn for them).

There was a massive gap behind me they easily could have waited. Luckily there was nobody in the right lane and I could overtake. If not I would have had to anchor on.

They take the same slip road as me and at the roundabout they are still indicating left as they then turn right.

The amount of "elephant races" I've seen today in about a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway is unbelievable. The worst one the lorry overtaking didn't even get level with the back of the one he was "overtaking". He just wouldn't admit defeat. His blushes were spared by the other lorry leaving on a slip road so he could go back to lane 1.

Also plenty of old people with absolutely no situational awareness, just tootling along, not getting up to speed.

Presumably you'll voluntarily surrender your licence before this happens?
I don't see how this relates to my observation but, yes I absolutely would give up my licence. If I'm still here I would probably give up driving by about 65. With all of the delivery services (and I'm sure other technological advancements to come) I most likely won't need a car.

Annoying drive home tonight, genuinely thought I was going to get rear-ended. Woman behind me in a Cashcow distracted and impatient. Came off a roundabout in an NSL approaching a town and I floored it out of there to get some distance. No surprise as we got to the 30mph zone she quickly closed the decent sized gap (I was doing the speed limit in the 30mph).

Nearly went into the back of me at some temporary traffic lights. Once through the lights there was a huge queue of cars going very slowly. She's huffing and puffing, weaving in her lane, charging up to the back of my car at certain points. It's a miracle I wasn't hit. What a ****!

I hate driving these days, I encounter an absolute clown almost every time I go out.

Had a weird one on Friday as the Nissan in front of me went right on a large clear and easy to see all traffic from every direction big roundabout a large crew cab pickup just drives straight out from his left hand lane onto the roundabout and almost drives into the Nissan, she manages to swerve around him and now I am alongside the guy in the pickup as he just looks at me and then drives right across the front of me and goes right with no indicators and almost takes me out as well.
Looked at it a few times from the dashcam and he is around 45 years of age and looks completely off his face.
Post the footage, you know you want to. :D

Some of the driving I’ve seen today (and this week) makes me think there should be mandatory re-tests every 5 years.

Thought this was just a down South thing but finally saw a murdered out black Merc CLA weaving between car on a motorway at 70mph. This was at 11am too, not late at night.

Where did it get him? Nowhere because there was a queue in all lanes probably half a mile later.

Honestly, I’m at risk of injuring my neck from all of the head shaking I’ve been doing this week while driving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom