Your bad driving encounters

Caporegime
Had someone Infront of me doing 40 in a 60, then 35 in a 50. Imo that's driving dangerously, so I overtook before they caused a crash (they also started braking for a roundabout about half a mile away (while travelling at 40).
I figured they would be the type of driver to slam on instead of indicating first.

Exact same thing. Then they wave their arms and speed up when overtaken.

Man of Honour

Sometimes lay on the horn... the worse kind are the ones which accelerate once you've committed to overtaking. These people shouldn't be driving.

Last edited:
Soldato
TBF I booted it so didn't give them chance. But there's so many people that seem oblivious to the world around them and how it affects everyone else. Things like tractors and plant equipment, they often go by a layby and don't pull in even though there's a long trains of vehicles behind them I always thought there was some law that they had to if there was more than a couple of cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
TBF I booted it so didn't give them chance. But there's so many people that seem oblivious to the world around them and how it affects everyone else. Things like tractors and plant equipment, they often go by a layby and don't pull in even though there's a long trains of vehicles behind them I always thought there was some law that they had to if there was more than a couple of cars.

No law - it's advised in the highway code, but most people these days are selfish **** with no concern for anyone else, so it's to be expected. While not dangerous in itself, it is pretty inconsiderate, and encourages dangerous overtakes from the more important German car impatient drivers stuck behind them

Soldato
I had one balloon in front of me doing about miles per hour in a 20. It was uphill for a section so fair enough, I held back as they might have had a ton of gravel in the car or something. After a minute or two it was obvious they were just a numpty so I overtook on a straight section of road only to see them flapping their arms like I'd ran over an orphanage full of kids. At the other side of the hill they turned left while I was going ahead and of course cruised through the red light

Man of Honour
I had one that really made me chuckle this morning.

Going over a roundabout on one of the M6 junctions on the A5.
Light controlled so I was on red waiting to leave the roundabout while the slip off the M6 was on green. Car comes up the slip road indicating to turn left and head down the A5, passes their green light and then spots the 2nd set of reds for me, thinks that red light which is literally 2m behind the green they'd just gone through is for them and stops dead with another car behind them.

My lights then go green and off they start trundling in everyone's way.

Proper numpty behaviour but gave me a chuckle at 5am at least.

Don
I had one that really made me chuckle this morning.

Going over a roundabout on one of the M6 junctions on the A5.
Light controlled so I was on red waiting to leave the roundabout while the slip off the M6 was on green. Car comes up the slip road indicating to turn left and head down the A5, passes their green light and then spots the 2nd set of reds for me, thinks that red light which is literally 2m behind the green they'd just gone through is for them and stops dead with another car behind them.

My lights then go green and off they start trundling in everyone's way.

Proper numpty behaviour but gave me a chuckle at 5am at least.
I was once stopped by the (non-traffic) police for not stopping at a red light in a similar situation to that! :cry:

Caporegime
Think I've won this one for today...parked up stationary in a marked bay and a woman drove in to the side of my car. Then tried to drive off.

Caught up with her and pulled in front to get her details after chasing her and signalling for her to pull over. Her response - "I didn't think there was anyone in the car". So what, you thought you'd just drive off?!

Soldato
That’s the norm now. Earlier this month, went to a supermarket which shares a car park with a DIY chain.

The area where i usually parked was full. So parked up boot out with a space in front. As I was taking a trolley into the store, I saw a flat bed truck park in the space in front of me. Straddling between two bays.

Came back to car and flat bed truck was gone. Passenger wing mirror had crack in it on the plastic surround- mirror was in pieces. Guessing the FBT driver bought some long pieces of wood or metal and on loading them hit my wing mirror. Now half the plastic casing has come off. My wing mirrors don’t fold in when car is locked like my parents’ car

Asked both supermarket and DIY store does CCTV cover that part of the car park. Answer - no for one and the camera was broken! Bloody great!

Going to be about £250-350 out of pocket. Plus now the nearest dealership is 25 miles away in both directions. The one I purchased my car 2nd hand (it was one of their courtesy cars) has gone and now a bathroom place and 2nd hand camper van place.

Back in the old days where wing mirrors weren’t electric- cost £30-50. I’m sure my mum’s Metro 1983 reg didn’t have a passenger wing mirror but had moulding where it would have been. Were they optional extras then?

Soldato
That’s the norm now. Earlier this month, went to a supermarket which shares a car park with a DIY chain.

The area where i usually parked was full. So parked up boot out with a space in front. As I was taking a trolley into the store, I saw a flat bed truck park in the space in front of me. Straddling between two bays.

Came back to car and flat bed truck was gone. Passenger wing mirror had crack in it on the plastic surround- mirror was in pieces. Guessing the FBT driver bought some long pieces of wood or metal and on loading them hit my wing mirror. Now half the plastic casing has come off. My wing mirrors don’t fold in when car is locked like my parents’ car

Asked both supermarket and DIY store does CCTV cover that part of the car park. Answer - no for one and the camera was broken! Bloody great!

Going to be about £250-350 out of pocket. Plus now the nearest dealership is 25 miles away in both directions. The one I purchased my car 2nd hand (it was one of their courtesy cars) has gone and now a bathroom place and 2nd hand camper van place.

Back in the old days where wing mirrors weren’t electric- cost £30-50. I’m sure my mum’s Metro 1983 reg didn’t have a passenger wing mirror but had moulding where it would have been. Were they optional extras then?
You might find eBay a good option for a replacement.

Man of Honour
I do that and yet still tend to find someone has parked next to me. Normally a juke, note or jazz.

Yup - nothing worse than making the effort to park my pickup in an out the way spot with loads of empty spaces only for a few minutes later someone park right next to me then awkwardly squeeze themselves out while glaring at me like it is my fault. I gave one a look the other day when they were struggling to get out and it literally took them a full minute before comprehension set in and they moved their car looking sheepish.

Soldato
Just another one for you lot, I've not snapped a pic as I was driving but our estate has just had the pavements redone. Some genius has driven over it to get on their drive so there's now permenant grooves :rolleyes: .

Caporegime
Just another one for you lot, I've not snapped a pic as I was driving but our estate has just had the pavements redone. Some genius has driven over it to get on their drive so there's now permenant grooves :rolleyes: .

Lmao. I once got a suspension from here as some time back someone posted a pic where their partner had driven across freshly laid tarmac and i described the person in the correct terms. There were clear cones and everything.
I believe I remain the only member to be suspended for insulting a non-forum member.

Commissario
Lmao. I once got a suspension from here as some time back someone posted a pic where their partner had driven across freshly laid tarmac and i described the person in the correct terms. There were clear cones and everything.
I believe I remain the only member to be suspended for insulting a non-forum member.
Damn I can't find that one :(

Commissario
Ah found it thank you, was by someone who is no longer on the team (and no longer on the forums incidentally).

Caporegime
Things like tractors and plant equipment, they often go by a layby and don't pull in even though there's a long trains of vehicles behind them I always thought there was some law that they had to if there was more than a couple of cars.
No law as already said but it's common courtesy to pull in to allow a queue of vehicles behind you to pass, I often do this if I'm fully loaded in the truck on a slower road as such as and where there is somewhere to pull over although more often than not you still get abuse and hand gestures from drivers as they then pass you, leaving me wondering why I bother tbh!

Back
Top Bottom