Your bad driving encounters

Soldato
Minor bit of bad driving today. Obvious queue of traffic going nowhere yet the driver pulled onto the roundabout anyway blocking the next exit. It got them literally nowhere and held up a, not best pleased guy, in a Fiesta for a couple of minutes.

The driver in question... me. I was on autopilot I guess and its something that really bugs me when other drivers do it so I was doubly annoyed with myself.

Soldato
Minor bit of bad driving today. Obvious queue of traffic going nowhere yet the driver pulled onto the roundabout anyway blocking the next exit. It got them literally nowhere and held up a, not best pleased guy, in a Fiesta for a couple of minutes.

The driver in question... me. I was on autopilot I guess and its something that really bugs me when other drivers do it so I was doubly annoyed with myself.
The difference is you recognise your error and try to improve, that's how everyone should be. We all make little mistakes in judgment now and again, I usually just hold my hand up.

Soldato

There's a roundabout in the middle of Beverley like that. People block it by stopping on it (it's a mini) but then you can get past them to turn right (they are coming from my right and turning right, so to my left if that makes sense).

Soldato
OP
The amount of "elephant races" I've seen today in about a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway is unbelievable. The worst one the lorry overtaking didn't even get level with the back of the one he was "overtaking". He just wouldn't admit defeat. His blushes were spared by the other lorry leaving on a slip road so he could go back to lane 1.

Also plenty of old people with absolutely no situational awareness, just tootling along, not getting up to speed.

Man of Honour
The amount of "elephant races" I've seen today in about a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway is unbelievable.

Had that on the way to work Monday - not just trucks but cars and even a learner just not getting going in the outside lane :( it just boggles my mind why people can't just get going and drive to a reasonable speed for the limit and conditions.

Associate
On the A556 today an Ioniq5 was trundling at 45ish in a 60. I went for the overtake only to notice the Ioniq veering into the overtaking lane I was in. I slowed down to allow the car to get in 2nd lane thinking they might be saving battery life by not indicating lol. Nope, they went back and lane drifted again.

I completed my overtake, and while doing that saw the guy driving the Ioniq was bending down towards his left at 'that' speed doing God knows what.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Presumably you'll voluntarily surrender your licence before this happens?
I don't see how this relates to my observation but, yes I absolutely would give up my licence. If I'm still here I would probably give up driving by about 65. With all of the delivery services (and I'm sure other technological advancements to come) I most likely won't need a car.

Back
Top Bottom