Your bad driving encounters

Man of Honour
Theres no other vehicles involved so how someone managed to put an suv on its side in a 30mph zone boggles the mind can only assume he was going too fast and couldn't take the corner and tipped it over. Bonkers

Doesn't take much to tip a vehicle sometimes - if a wheel(s) gets traction against a surface at the wrong angle.

Soldato
89t7YKx.png

Driver claimed they'd forgotten their disabled badge and insisted they were parked properly against the curb (until the second picture appeared) and they'd "checked" that the driveway wasn't in use (they hadn't checked with the owner that it was alright to block it so assume they mean there was no cars parked there).

It's a Jazz, can probably just pick it up and move it out of the way :p

Drives me up the wall when people don't indicate left in a left and straight on lane at traffic lights, etc. either at all or the completely useless flick the indicators on when they are already a quarter into the turn. If I knew they were turning I'd hold back a bit more and/or use the other lane.

Yes. Similarly at roundabouts, especially when it's busy, and you're waiting for a gap - it's infuriating when there's a constant stream of traffic, and the ones turning into the road you're emerging from don't bother to indicate so you can't pull out in case they're going straight over.

These people should be shot.

Soldato
Happened Friday night but now it's all in the hands of the court.

Driving through the city in my bus, little Yaris in front of me decided he's gonna just stop in the middle of the road to go get his delivery orders. I can't go round him as the road as an island running down it. (Installed to stop taxis/delivery drivers U-turning as there have been MANY collisions).

Tooted my horn and he gets out f-ing and jeffing "you can ******* wait you white jeremy hunt". As he does this there just happened to be a black Skoda that instantly lit up blue. Driver gets cuffed and one of the 2 officers moves the car.

The end of it as far as I'm concerned or so I thought. Monday afternoon I get called into the Operations office. Takeaway driver has called, wants my name and the address of our company solictors as he intends to sue for loss of earnings due to being arrested and charged with driving without insurance & Public order Sec 4a (Racially aggravated). He's claiming my use of my horn caused him to lose his ability to earn (police siezed the car)

Boss refused to give my name but gave him the company legal dept details.

Soldato
Happened Friday night but now it's all in the hands of the court.

Driving through the city in my bus, little Yaris in front of me decided he's gonna just stop in the middle of the road to go get his delivery orders. I can't go round him as the road as an island running down it. (Installed to stop taxis/delivery drivers U-turning as there have been MANY collisions).

Tooted my horn and he gets out f-ing and jeffing "you can ******* wait you white jeremy hunt". As he does this there just happened to be a black Skoda that instantly lit up blue. Driver gets cuffed and one of the 2 officers moves the car.

The end of it as far as I'm concerned or so I thought. Monday afternoon I get called into the Operations office. Takeaway driver has called, wants my name and the address of our company solictors as he intends to sue for loss of earnings due to being arrested and charged with driving without insurance & Public order Sec 4a (Racially aggravated). He's claiming my use of my horn caused him to lose his ability to earn (police siezed the car)

Boss refused to give my name but gave him the company legal dept details.
Sorry it's your fault he doesn't have insurance? That's some proper mental gymnastics. That other dude overtaking a cyclist on a corner, bet that woke you up and made you pucker :p .

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed it is.

I haven't spoken to Legal yet as usually they want to speak to any driver involved in a claim, warranted or not. Be interesting to see what he's said.
I'm guessing your bus has CCTV with possible audio too? It would be interesting to hear the outcome of this, if it even makes it to court.

Talk about a sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm guessing your bus has CCTV with possible audio too? It would be interesting to hear the outcome of this, if it even makes it to court.

Talk about a sense of entitlement.

No audio but 4 forward facing, 3 rear facing cameras externally for full 360 coverage.

It won't make court. Legal will just laugh at him. There's no case. It'll just be idle threats expecting company to panic and through a few hundred at him to go away.

We don't do that. I've had false claims against me several times, usually passenger injuries that the internal CCTV clears me of.

Soldato
The sprinter van driver who pulled out right in front of me, mug of tea in hand.

The Jaguar XJ driver who seems to enjoy power sliding into my road every evening last week, I'm guessing he bought some new ditch finder tyres.

Soldato
Heard mate over the road banging about on his car.
Seems night before he was coming home in the dark and at a right hand bend a Kia 4x4 came round the other way half way over white line so he swerved left but it hit his rear wing so he stopped but the other didn't - He turned round and chased him down and he stopped -Mate got out and pulled his door open - turned engine off then grabbed bloke by the neck and pulled him out of the car then rang the cops - The odd thing was as well as being totally drunk he was naked.
He got all this on dash cam even the bloke crossing white line all the time in front of him -Done for drink and drive -not sure about being starkers.
Mate over the road is over 6ft and works out -built like a brick karzy

Man of Honour
Coming home earlier got up behind someone on the dual-carriageway who was doing substantially below the speed limit, but didn't have room to safely overtake before the end of it, 20 in a 30, 30 in a 40 though they did end up at 40 near the end of the 40 section, changed to NSL and they don't get going so I pull out to overtake and they match me up to 60 MPH... ******* idiot. Annoyingly around the next corner came up behind a truck doing about 40 in the NSL LOL but did manage to get past that before too long.

I dunno why people can't just drive to a decent speed for the current limit and conditions and especially not speed up when someone has committed to overtaking... I'm not even that bothered about being a little under the speed limit as I drive vehicles limited to van speeds a fair bit anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato

Got to love a bit of instant karma :D

Encountered a proper "door opening device" yesterday.

I'm at a T junction waiting to turn right (traffic coming both ways). At the junction, the road is wide enough for 2 cars side by side, and there's another car to my left - I assume waiting to turn left. A gap opens, so I start to pull out, and the car to my left floors it, turning right across me, forcing me to slam on the brakes :rolleyes:.

What's so urgent that needs driving like that, rather than waiting 1 car behind? Sometimes wish I still drove a beaten up old banger so I could "accidentally" not stop in time!

Also an amusing one, not bad driving, but a pedestrian. Woman stood in the middle of the road with her kids, on the phone, not paying any attention at all - facing away from me. Decided to turn off the artificial noise on the car and see how close I could get before she noticed - got to ~1m away and sat there for about 30 seconds before getting bored and beeping - she jumped a mile :D

Back
Top Bottom