your commute

Soldato
Lol that's like the worse commute ever, you need to change jobs or change house stat :p

I commuted from Gospel Oak to Ealing Broadway on the Overland and it sucked balls although at least it's fairly quiet in that direction but it's a rubbish line :p

Have you looked at getting the overland into St Pancras so you can hop on the Metropolitan line, probably takes the same time but only 2 changes vs a million which sucks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yep, used to take me an hour on a bad day (whilst working for the previous employer). One bus and I was there.

Now this is my route

10/15min walk to turnpike lane (picadilly line) > change at finsbury park (Victoria line) > change at highbury and islington (London overground line) > change at west hamsted (jubilee line > change at Finchley road (metropolitan line) > commute comes to an end in uxbridge

So yeah....... Rather long

Man, that's a lot of changes. If it were me I'd just go to Kings Cross and get on the metropolitan line there, at least you can fall asleep/read that way.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;20730457 said:
Apart from the fact I drop the little one off at Daycare on the way there, there's no way I'd risk cycling in Auckland. I'd be dead within the week :D

No neither - Auckland is not designed for cyclists at all and it's hilly as crap.

I take 25 mins to cycle from Clapham to my office - totally sweet way to start the day and great to wind down at the end but then London is a bit friendlier to cyclists.

Soldato
On average, around 45 minutes from Bristol to Weston-super-Mare.

If I was commuting on a Sunday however, it'd be more like 20. :(

Man of Honour
10 minutes each way. Having done an hour each way in the past its amazing the difference a short commute makes and it would take a LOT to make me go back to a long one.

Soldato
OP
Man, that's a lot of changes. If it were me I'd just go to Kings Cross and get on the metropolitan line there, at least you can fall asleep/read that way.

I only take that route if there are big delays. Even then the commute still takes the same amount of time lol.

Getting home isn't sol bad after an hour at the gym as the trains aren't as packed.

Have tried driving in the past but that's even worse lol

Soldato
My commute consists of 30/40 mins in the car traffic allowing - thankfully I'm working shifts so I'm never hitting the traffic at peak times. However with the new bridge crossing being built over the river Forth I can expect quite a few lengthy delays over the next couple of years :(

Associate
I have a silly commute which loops all over the place. It starts in my bedroom, then out, turn right and into the bathroom, back to the bedroom again but then out and left, down the stairs to the kitchen and then back out again(!) and into the office. Ridiculous.

Lol, i sometimes have that privilage, but not often though. Other times, my commute varies from 20-70 mins depending on where I need to be that day.

Her indoors has a hell of a journey; walk, bus, walk, train, another train, walk. Just to get from the outskirts of Wolves to west Brum. Takes her 90 mins each way

Soldato
Usually my Commute would be 1 hour and 15 minutes (Swindon to Uxbridge) at 5:30/5:45 in the morning to start at 7am (4 pm finish Monday to Thursday, 12:30 on a Friday!!).

But starting this week (on a trial basis)... My Commute this morning was probly 3 minutes and that included switching the Kettle on as I passed the kitchen!..

Monday - Still Uxbridge,
Tuesday - Home :)
Wednesday - Uxbridge,
Thursday - Home :D
Friday - Uxbridge.

Should half my Petrol/Travel cost, and I won't be as tired and have to go to bed at 9pm every night!! :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Usually my Commute would be 1 hour and 15 minutes (Swindon to Uxbridge) at 5:30/5:45 in the morning to start at 7am (4 pm finish Monday to Thursday, 12:30 on a Friday!!).

But starting this week (on a trial basis)... My Commute this morning was probly 3 minutes and that included switching the Kettle on as I passed the kitchen!..

Monday - Still Uxbridge,
Tuesday - Home :)
Wednesday - Uxbridge,
Thursday - Home :D
Friday - Uxbridge.

Should half my Petrol/Travel cost, and I won't be as tired and have to go to bed at 9pm every night!! :cool:

You're too lucky lol

Soldato
i do a 36 mile each way commute taking 1-1.5 hours. its soul destroying as its always rammed with traffic.

much prefer the train but it costs more.

I used to commute Stafford-Walsall - 25 minutes to Stafford's train station, 1h 15m on the train, then another 10 minutes walk to the workplace. Thankfully it was only a temp job while I was inbetween jobs.

Nowadays I live 3 miles from work. I'll bus it to work and usually walk it back home. Takes 40 minutes either way.

Back
Top Bottom