I got it from allpondsolution, these are the details:

PLED-710

• Dimensions: 710 x 63 x 15mm
  • Tank Width: 710 – 950mm
  • Max Tank Rim Size: < 12mm
  • Voltage: 220V / 50Hz
  • Power: 26w
  • Temperature: 7500K
The tank dimensions are 800mm x 400mm x 450mm. You think the current light is fine as it is?

Soldato
It doesn’t stand out to me as being particularly powerful. I would say it’s low-mid based on the tank size. Are you having any particular problems?

Soldato
UK water is so hard that you'd need LOADS of RO water to make "soft" water. Unless it's for a small shrimp tank it's not worth it, just get fish that don't mind hard water :p

Last edited:
Soldato
You probably want a pumped unit if you are using it off a garden tap (assuming your adding on a hose to where you are making it).

Why does it need to happen in an hour? Most people hook them up to a large holding container with a float valve so it automatically turns off when it’s full.

Associate
Anyone know which RO units can make about 20 litres of RO water or more in bit over 1 hour. through garden tap?

Correct me if am wrong but RO systems need to run under pressure continually or the membrane becomes damaged and needs replacing. Are you planning on just running it for an hour every now and again?

Soldato
Correct me if am wrong but RO systems need to run under pressure continually or the membrane becomes damaged and needs replacing. Are you planning on just running it for an hour every now and again?

They definaty dont.

My ro unit gets used 1 or 2 times a month to make 1-200 ltrs depending on water changes and temperature and then not used again untill needed.

Associate
Anyone recommend a half decent light for my tank (Ideally £100 or less)? I have a low tech planted tank 80cm wide (140L) and I am using a 26w - 7500K LED light at the moment. It just seems too bright for this tank, considering I don't use c02. Also, the tank has no lid, so will need something that can sit on the rim. It would be good if the lights could be dimmable or even if there was a controller of sorts that I could use with my current light, I'm just not 100% sure.

I've had a quick look at some LED strips, but they probably won't produce the right light for the plants?

Fluval AquaSky LED 2.0 is decent controlled with the fluval app via bluetooth fully customizable dusk dawn setting dimmable ect.., i'm using the 21 watt version on a 125 litre tank 6500K white LED plus reds and blues 1,450L Lumens can be used on a rimless tank.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damnit, bought a second hand XR15 Gen 3 and got stung, £250 with the mount but its got a board fault :mad: Luckily ecotech support have been super helpful and its being shipped to the uk repair center for a new board. Ill be approaching new light money soon :rolleyes: Paypal goods and services was used though so hopefully i can claw back repair costs

Soldato
Damnit, bought a second hand XR15 Gen 3 and got stung, £250 with the mount but its got a board fault :mad: Luckily ecotech support have been super helpful and its being shipped to the uk repair center for a new board. Ill be approaching new light money soon :rolleyes: Paypal goods and services was used though so hopefully i can claw back repair costs

Your getting one of the best lights on the market, I have the gen 3 XR30 Pro, wish ecotech would hurry up with the gen 5 though:)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom