Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
I dont think you will keep your params stable without a dosing pump as its just too hard to dose by hand.

I dose approx 1dkh + equivalent calcium (2part) per day keeps me around 9dkh and 450 calcium. The dose is spread out over 24hours.

Yeah its getting the useage stable sadly, Iv been testing daily and recording to try get an accurate usage so i can dose for full week via pump and keep an eye on it

Soldato
Ive had great success with seachem 2 part, found 2 pArt the easiest to dose as you Use equal amounts of each and it balances its self out. Used vibrance for a while but have had no need since installing the clarisea. Also use 10ml or red sea reef energy 2 part but thats just for coral food and colours etc.

Dosing isnt hard once you get your head round it imo. Can always buy an alkinator and never worry about it again :)

Soldato
Water change every 2 to 3 weeks depending on work commitments, other method without fuge, I do large changes probably 30 to 40 %.

30% is too much for me to do, I have to be careful not to lift anything heavier than a normal bag of shopping with my dialysis arm. I have some 25l containers that will be useless, I have to get a 10l for water changes and a 5l for top up.

Soldato
Have you heard of reefloat, you could get a little trolly to cart it all about.

http://www.reefloat.com/

Yeah I've seen them, would be useful. £190 for the 12.5l model.

I have a laundry room that shares a wall with the corner the tanks gonna go. Would be good to drill through and have some sort of automatic system setup. But probably overkill for a little tank.

Soldato
Yeah I've seen them, would be useful. £190 for the 12.5l model.

I have a laundry room that shares a wall with the corner the tanks gonna go. Would be good to drill through and have some sort of automatic system setup. But probably overkill for a little tank.

Just get yourself a normal pump and use it to do water changes. I use two 25ltr buckets, drop the pump in the tank and fill the buckets and then use the same pump to empty them in the drain, then fill the buckets and use the pump
To fill the tank again.

Can get something similar to this to help you move the buckets around so you dont have to do any lifting at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wooden-Rol...ocphy=1006764&hvtargid=pla-698087045018&psc=1

I use those under my heavy pots in the garden and have had no problems with them breaking, if they can hold a tree +soil etc they be fine with a bucket of water

Soldato
How's everyone's tanks doing in this heat?

I've been above target temp for the last week, had the lids off and lights off for the last couple of days to try and keep the temps down.

I am hovering at 27.5C at the moment, on the high side for my stocking but everyone seems to be doing well at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom