Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
I'm enjoying some Frank's hot sauce at the moment, not particularly hot but has a great taste
I always have a bottle in the fridge, Like you say it is not too hit but has some pretty good depth for a supermarket brand.

I keep going back to Sauce Shop. Not a huge fan of their original hot sauce (too tomatoey) but their Buffalo and the burnt pineapple sauces are just amazing.

A Mexican friend of mine bought me back a bottle of 'Pirata' from Mexico a couple of years ago and I can't find it anywhere, it is top stuff.

Soldato
Got a couple of bottles of this delivered today.

Never heard of this brand before but thought I would give it a go. Boy am I glad I did!!!

The flavour from this is incredible! Not crazy hot but still a kick, then the hit of the ginger and garlic flavour.

Highly recommend trying this range out. Think I will just throw all my other sauces out now tbf :D

Q8cOJnw.jpeg

Caporegime
Got a couple of bottles of this delivered today.

Never heard of this brand before but thought I would give it a go. Boy am I glad I did!!!

The flavour from this is incredible! Not crazy hot but still a kick, then the hit of the ginger and garlic flavour.

Highly recommend trying this range out. Think I will just throw all my other sauces out now tbf :D

Q8cOJnw.jpeg
how sweet is it ? so many chilli sauces are overly sweet. its hard to find one that isnt.

Soldato
Funny you should ask… I was just comparing to some other sauces I have and this is 60.2g sugar per 100g!

Highest I have seen but also the nicest flavour out of them all.

I imagine the sugar content is needed to balance the flavour of the garlic and ginger perhaps.

It’s Malaysian and them boys seem to like their sugar :D

I would still recommend it however even only as a dipping sauce or marinade for meats.

Associate
Funny you should ask… I was just comparing to some other sauces I have and this is 60.2g sugar per 100g!

Highest I have seen but also the nicest flavour out of them all.

I imagine the sugar content is needed to balance the flavour of the garlic and ginger perhaps.

It’s Malaysian and them boys seem to like their sugar :D

I would still recommend it however even only as a dipping sauce or marinade for meats.
Ooo didn't realise they had a garlic flavour, would be keen to try it! I tried their "original" flavour and it was a bit like thai sweet chili. Which is nice but not what I was after, so this may be worth a taste test :p

Soldato
Lings is the dogs ******** so to speak.

Bought some of eds sauce from Morrisons, didn't go for xtra hot maybe next time. Found it great for when needing that heat or adding during cooking.

Also been using encona chilli jam which is great as a dip with chicken nuggets etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Lings is the dogs ******** so to speak.

Bought some of eds sauce from Morrisons, didn't go for xtra hot maybe next time. Found it great for when needing that heat or adding during cooking.

Also been using encona chilli jam which is great as a dip with chicken nuggets etc
Farmfoods sell it for about 29p, I think its being discontinued

Soldato
I tend to get my chilli sauces from these guys:

Their chilli BBQ sauce is pretty much standard in our household when we have scrambled eggs.
I'd definitely recommend their stuff in general.

Back
Top Bottom