Your motoring irritations

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
People who take driving too seriously, follow all of the rules to the letter, and then try to be a vigilante policeman when they see anybody else doing something dubious.

That thread regarding the BT worker on his phone a classic example :rolleyes:. Get on with your lives.

Caporegime
People who brake hard and at the last possible moment when stopping at a T Junction.

Yesterday two people overshot the junction infront of me resulting in them being 1/4 way across my lane on an NSL country road, muppets.

It's only a matter of time before these jokers get rumbled by some leaves of oil on the road.

Soldato
People who brake hard and at the last possible moment when stopping at a T Junction.

Yesterday two people overshot the junction infront of me resulting in them being 1/4 way across my lane on an NSL country road, muppets.

It's only a matter of time before these jokers get rumbled by some leaves of oil on the road.

Good call. Too many people drive like this not realising that their actions can affect other road users, even if it is just by causing alarm.

Associate
- Sidelights and foglights;
- Cigarette stubs being launched out of windows;
- Using the left lane at a roundabout to turn right. You know you're in the wrong, just sit in the queue and wait like the rest of us (this problem is getting worse as the roads get busier)
- tailgating
- complete disregard for other road users (cyclists!)
- the traffic light/roadworks "creeping/crawling". What's wrong with getting the the lights and then stopping?

Associate
Something I find really funny is the BMW/Audi drivers who absolutely must get past my 20-year old Japanese rust box. - The longer I can hold them up the better; I don't care how aggressive they want to be.

I would ram your rust bucket off the road in my BMW if you did that :D

..Seriously though...

I hate people who pull out and then dont get up to speed.
Tailgating.
People who practically stop on corners instead of turning them.
People who drive slowly in the right hand lane when the left hand lane is completely clear for them (these people should be banned for 100 years).

Soldato
NINJA CYCLISTS

You know the type, they've gaily been cycling all summer since probably just taking it up, the clocks change, it's suddenly really dark at home time and so what do they do?

NOTHING

They carry on cycling around with no lights, wearing black clothes with the only sign of visibility until you've nearly crashed into them a tiny reflector on the pedal half obscured by their stupid fat feet that's reflecting less light than a black hole to start with.

I feel like just knocking them off half the time and then shouting LIGHTS at them as I leave them sat miserably with a broken bike in a puddle.

Soldato
People who pleb about between two lanes on ring roads, been caught shouting at other drivers who cant handle sticking to one lane in Watford or Southampton then carve me up repeatedly (without indicating) because they are oblivious to signs and road markings.

People carving me up on dual carriage ways because I am in a Polo and therefore it doesn't matter if I have planned my hill overtake of a lorry before the hill, gotten up to speed to do it right behind a 1 series because I can slam on my breaks to 30 to let a golf out.

People who hate just being behind the Polo, force me out of the way to then slow down to 60 in front of me, on motorways.

Not indicating at mini roundabouts.

Not waiting your turn in the right lane to get out of Southampton after football. Cannot stand the people that abuse the "we're going right lane" on the roundabout before dominos to then go ACTUALLY I want to leave here and try to cut up the waiting lane. A LORRY did that on sunday, I wasn't impressed and didn't want to follow the thing our of town.

Idiots who can't see when a road is two lanes and sit in the middle of it, then get shirty when you drive past them because its two lanes and there is no point in sitting in the longest queue.

That idiot every year who goes the wrong way down a dual carriage way in MK, a real oxygen thief.

The people who seem to think a car park does't have road laws and ignore ALL give ways in the things.

That idiot who bought a Range Rover (the big new fat one) and tried to take it up Kings carpark in Watford! If it hadn't been too busy for life it would have been very funny to watch the idiot try and get a car that was far too bit up a tiny 60's car park.

Associate
Tailgaters
One speed drivers
People coming towards you with full beam on and not bothering to dip them
Lorries overtaking at 1mph faster than another lorry on a dual carriageway
Chavs

Soldato
Sidelights in the dead of night.
Misaligned headlights.
Cars with only bulb working so they insist on using high-beam EVERYWHERE!
Fog lights 24/7
Audi drivers.
Nissan Micra's.

Probably the biggest peeve of all, people who join motorway sliproads and continue to do 30-40mph and then join the motorway at this speed while you're either in the first lane already on the motorway, or behind the coffin dodgers trying to join the motorway.

Soldato
Motorway puddles and lorries :(

I've not long past my test and was on the M1 last night (2nd time on motorway), It was very wet. 2 lorries overtaking each other. I'm blinded by mist so attempt to overtake them both in the 3rd lane and must have gone through a puddle or something at around 80mph and lost complete control of steering for about 3 seconds and very nearly went into the side railings :mad:

Yes call me a nooby but **** me did it **** me up, good god!

I will be avoiding motorways in terrential rain for a bit, especially lorries!

Soldato
Cars with only bulb working so they insist on using high-beam EVERYWHERE!
Fog lights 24/7

Hate these as well. Funny though, at work I remember my manager following me on the main road back to my house, in the dark on a nice clear night and his excuse for having fogs on is: "I always use fogs, they give me a little better visibility."

I was all like...

jackiechan.png

Soldato
Hate these as well. Funny though, at work I remember my manager following me on the main road back to my house, in the dark on a nice clear night and his excuse for having fogs on is: "I always use fogs, they give me a little better visibility."

I was all like...

jackiechan.png

A guy I know has an Audi A5 and literally drives everwhere with his LED sidelights on, along with his HID fogs. Even though he's got Xenon/Bi-Xenons fitted.

Another guy I know has an E46 3 series and has HID's in reflector bulb housings. I've driven in front of him and good god, the scatter is immense! both mirrors light up and the rear view mirror dips so you can barely see anything behind you.

Soldato
Because people who use them seem to think that they're an acceptable alternative to dipped headlights.

.......but what if it isn't actually 'dark'.

I say this because I like using them when it's a bit cloudy, as I have a dark car. Dont want to put dipped on as the HID's make you look like a tool.

Soldato
.......but what if it isn't actually 'dark'.

I say this because I like using them when it's a bit cloudy, as I have a dark car. Dont want to put dipped on as the HID's make you look like a tool.

Then they're still completely pointless due to how dim they are.

They're not bright enough to light the road in the dark.

They're barely bright enough to even be detectable in the daylight.

They're not bright enough to make you more visible in dim conditions.

Back
Top Bottom