Your one favourite film of all time

Caporegime
American Beauty.

I'm young, but I feel the same way as Lester Burnham sometimes... but once you strip everything down and stop overlooking the important things, you come to realise that there is beauty in life, and that it is worth it.

Associate
Spoilers for the Usual Suspects below:
It's ok, but for me that film is ruined by the deception played on the audience. The twist is annoying because things you see things on camera that never actually happened and Keyser Söze never would have been there to see it happen or make it up.

As a result the audience is forced to accept what they are seeing must have been true and the storytelling 'flashback' nature is just a vehicle for getting the audience to that point in time. Then the twist is revealed and it's complete bull. Sorry, it's annoying.

I agree with Heavy Rain. Terrible game, but I think Usual Suspects is fair since it is framed as his confession to someone else, not his internal monologue.

I don't like the Usual Suspects because it has absolutely zero value as a film without the twist. It is the film equivalent of a magic trick. Once you know the trick, it is no longer interesting.

Soldato
Probably watched Star Wars more than any other, watched it loads when I was a kid. That and the 1st Indiana Jones.

My most watched film (and probably my favourite) as an Adult is The Big Lebowski.

g5da0dc1d.bmp

Soldato
American Beauty.

The Wolf of Wall Street is up there as well. Only watched it once so can't say at the moment but I'm sure it'll be in my top 10 of all time at least.

I happened to watch these two back to back on a flight recently. American Beauty was so much the better film, it was painful. The only thing Wolf had in its favour was more nude women.

Back
Top Bottom