Your Premier League 11

Don
Following on from the debate in the Utd Squad thread, i thought it was time for another EPL dream team thread. Up to you whether you want to pick a balanced side or the best players in each position and what formation you want.

Here's mine:

----------------Reina
Sagna---Ferdinand-Carvalho---Cole
-------------Mascherano
--------Gerrard------Fabregas
--Ronaldo------------------Young
---------------Torres

Only real question marks for me were Mascherano and Carvalho. Could have gone for Essien over Masch but imo he's more of a box to box player and he's hardly played as a dm for Chelsea, and could have gone for countless other cb's over Carvalho but that's just personal preference.

Soldato
------------ Cech
Sagna--Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra
-----Fabregas Carrick Essien
-----Ronaldo--Torres---Van Persie

Soldato
Following on from the debate in the Utd Squad thread, i thought it was time for another EPL dream team thread. Up to you whether you want to pick a balanced side or the best players in each position and what formation you want.

Here's mine:

----------------Reina
Sagna---Ferdinand-Carvalho---Cole
-------------Mascherano
--------Gerrard------Fabregas
--Ronaldo------------------Young
---------------Torres

Only real question marks for me were Mascherano and Carvalho. Could have gone for Essien over Masch but imo he's more of a box to box player and he's hardly played as a dm for Chelsea, and could have gone for countless other cb's over Carvalho but that's just personal preference.

I'm sorry mate but Reina?! I know you are a Liverpool fan and thats going to make you a bit biased but I would pick Petr Cech and I'm a Manchester United fan! He is simply the best goalkeeper in the Prem, probably Casillas and maybe Buffon are the only other keepers in the world who can match him.

My team would be:

-------------Cech
Sagna-Ferdinand-Terry-Evra
-------------Essien
----Gerrard----------Fabregas
--Ronaldo--------------Rooney
-------------Torres

Subs (assuming we have 7):

Reina (simply because VDS has had a dodgy start this season)
Clichy
Vidic
Mascherano
Joe Cole
Lampard
Berbatov

Don
OP
I'm sorry mate but Reina?! I know you are a Liverpool fan and thats going to make you a bit biased but I would pick Petr Cech and I'm a Manchester United fan! He is simply the best goalkeeper in the Prem, probably Casillas and maybe Buffon are the only other keepers in the world who can match him.

Maybe 2 seasons ago but not any more. Cech's been pretty average for a while now, it's not even a debate for me and there's even Utd fans on here who think Reina's the best in the league too. BTW i could easily say the same about Rooney on the left and Berbatov even getting on the bench.

Soldato
Maybe 2 seasons ago but not any more. Cech's been pretty average for a while now, it's not even a debate for me and there's even Utd fans on here who think Reina's the best in the league too. BTW i could easily say the same about Rooney on the left and Berbatov even getting on the bench.

Regards Cech, thats not what everyone else seems to think ^^^

I think it may just be the Liverpool bias getting in the way. On Berbatov, I don't think you can say he is unworthy of a place on the bench because he has had a slow start for us, he was Tottenham's best player every season he was there. Reason I picked Rooney over Joe Cole is that Rooney and Ronaldo have a brilliant partnership (for evidence of this see the recent goals against Bolton and Blackburn, as well as numerous other examples) and I think that would help the front three play well. Plus Rooney would be a great support striker for Torres.

Don
OP
I couldn't care less what everybody else thinks that's their opinion and i have mine. Maybe they're bias as one's a bitter and 2 (+ you) are Manc's.

Soldato
Yes but unlike some football fans I'm an objective person, I can see the good players past those at Utd, and was happy to put in Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea players who deserve to be in that starting 11. I appreciate that Reina is a fantastic keeper, certainly deserving of being one of the top three keepers in the Prem, but I don't think he is quite good enough to be the starting keeper for a Prem 11, hell he isn't even first choice for Spain.

Anyway I don't want to argue about it, that's my opinion (one shared I must add by the football experts on Sky Sports etc who picked Cech in goal ;) )

Don
OP
Yes but unlike some football fans I'm an objective person, I can see the good players past those at Utd, and was happy to put in Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea players who deserve to be in that starting 11. I appreciate that Reina is a fantastic keeper, certainly deserving of being one of the top three keepers in the Prem, but I don't think he is quite good enough to be the starting keeper for a Prem 11, hell he isn't even first choice for Spain.

Anyway I don't want to argue about it, that's my opinion (one shared I must add by the football experts on Sky Sports etc who picked Cech in goal ;) )

Well im not going to change my opinion because you don't agree. Also Casillas plays in Spain so whether Reina in his national side or not makes no difference.

As for Sky Sports experts, if you value their opinion then your opinion counts for even less :p Anyway they selected James not Cech:
http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,12064_3569135,00.html

Soldato
Well im not going to change my opinion because you don't agree. Also Casillas plays in Spain so whether Reina in his national side or not makes no difference.

As for Sky Sports experts, if you value their opinion then your opinion counts for even less :p Anyway they selected James not Cech:
http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,12064_3569135,00.html

I stand corrected, they did indeed pick David James, who had a good season last year, and I agree their judgement can be a bit odd, they made some funny choices with their prem 11!

I'm not trying to change your mind about Reina, I know how stubborn scousers can be ;) just saying that the majority would probably vote Cech, thats all.

Soldato
I actually think that Cech has had a pretty average start to the season, would be tempted to say Reina or James. Has anyone thought of Geovani at left wing? I know he isn't at a big club, but he has been ace so far this season-he could well win goal of the month for August, September and October! Riera has also been excellent on the left for liverpool

Here's my team; I've tried to base it on current form rather than their overall time in the league-Alonso, Geovani and Zaki would not be in if it was based on their entire time in England.

Reina

Bosingwa Ferdinand Carragher Evra

Ronaldo Gerrard Alonso Geovani

Torres Zaki

Subs:
James
A.Cole
Vidic
Fabregas
Riera
Rooney
Walcott

Last edited:
Soldato
Cech
Sanga Ferdinand Carvalho Clichy

Ronaldo Essien Fabregas Young

Rooney Torres

I've not seen enough of Bosingwa to rate him defensively, so Sanga gets the nod. Rio and Carvalho might be to similar to work as a pair, Vidic would be next in line. Cech though not at his best lately would still get the nod over Reina, as Reina just doesn't fill me with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom