Your Premier League 11

Man of Honour
His response to my post only had 1 purpose and that was to cause an arguement (not a debate) so i responded likewise.

no you didnt, you responded with insults he did not insult you, that is a distinction you need to realise baz, believe you me ive been in some mudslinging contests on here in the past, however responding by insults will lead to only one thing and thats yer posting rights being removed.

anyway this is going off topic

Don
OP
no you didnt, you responded with insults he did not insult you, that is a distinction you need to realise baz, believe you me ive been in some mudslinging contests on here in the past, however responding by insults will lead to only one thing and thats yer posting rights being removed.

anyway this is going off topic

As i said the only purpose of a post like that was to cause an arguement and i obliged and used insults which maybe i shouldn't have. Had he simply wanted to question my side then he'd have done so like nicktay2605 did earlier and there would have been no problem.

You're right this is getting off topic, all these threads end up the same because of posts like Tom's.

Permabanned
_______________Brad Friedel

Sagna________Rio_______Carvalho_________Evra

C.Ronaldo____Fabregas___Mascherano_____Young

_____________Torres______Drogba

I couldn't really think of a goalkeeper. Almunia isn't half as bad as some people make out, but he isn't a world class goalkeeper, Cech hasn't been the rock-solid goalkeeper he was in his first two seasons for a while, VDS is getting old and prone to doing some crazy stuff and I've just never been convinced by Reina, he's a flapper. So I went with ol' Brad Friedel. :D

Right midfield was easy, and so was the centre mid. Fabregas hasn't played very well this season and I think that is down to a number of reasons (seems slightly unsettled, misses Hleb and Flamini and is having to babysit Denilson), so I think it's important he has a midfield partner to do all the dirty work and who is good enough for Fabregas to roam forward without having to worry too much about the defensive side of things. Mascherano is perfect for that. Left wing was tough, if Hleb was still in the Premiership I'd have put him there but he's not. I considered Joe Cole for a while but decided to go for Ashley Young, he seems to do the business for Villa week in week out.

The two strikers I've used are, IMO, the two best strikers in the league. Perhaps if I was considering teams that'd work well I'd have used two different strikers but because I simply went for the best players I could think of I chose them two.

Last edited:
Soldato
------------Cech-------------
Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra.
-----------Essien------------
-----Carrick------Lampard--
Tevez-----Rooney----Ronaldo
:D

I can't believe people are moaning about BaZ picking a whole four Liverpool players, and yet not notice this gem.

No comments on mine :p I went for current form. Common slate me for not having Torres or Ferdinand! :)
Top stuff! Although, Robinho, really? He's been better than I think people expected, but I wouldn't say he's been one of the best.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sorry mate but Reina?! I know you are a Liverpool fan and thats going to make you a bit biased but I would pick Petr Cech and I'm a Manchester United fan! He is simply the best goalkeeper in the Prem, probably Casillas and maybe Buffon are the only other keepers in the world who can match him.

It's all about opinions dude, nothing biased. I'm a Man Utd fan and I would choose Reina over Cech. What puzzles me is that Liverpool have the best midfield in the world, yet no Liverpool fan selects all four midfielders to be in their Premier League 11. :p

My team:

-----------------Van Der Sar-----------------

Brown--------Ferdinand------Vidic--------Evra

Ronaldo------Carrick-------Anderson------Nani

-------------Tevez--------Rooney------------

My real team:

------------------Reina-----------------------

Bosingwa-------Ferdinand-----Vidic--------Evra

Ronaldo--------Essien-------Gerrard------Young

---------------Torres-------Rooney------------

Back
Top Bottom