Your Top 5 Ugliest Cars

The new Jeep Renegade Limited Edition x 5.

I have a Heinz Tomato Soup coloured one as a hire car in Italy at the moment. Not only is it uglier than a bucket of smashed crabs, it's a total piece of junk.

Jeep's have been horrific for some time. The Cherokee is a brute too.

COjZmIm.jpg

Always thought the Skoda Yeti was ugly too. And if the latest spy shots of the new Skoda SUV are anything to go by, it looks just like a bigger Yeti.

I'll chuck in the classics then:

Austin Allegro (I drove one a long time ago, it had a square steering wheel)
Its replacement, the Maestro.
Wartburg (My schoolmate's dad had one)
Volvo 340
Lamborghini LM002, The boss at one of my old customers had one.
MK1 Renault Twingo, you never never saw many over here (Never made for the UK) market, but they were everywhere in Malta when I went there 20 or so years ago.

e3QuPnM.jpg

mini-one-02.jpg

mini-Countryman-main-image-large.jpg

Mini%20paceman.jpg

mini-coup_25C3_25A9-cooper-08.jpg

****ing hate Minis.

Citroen Cactus. I really have no idea what was going through the designer's heads.
The Mini coupe thing that peterattheboro posted.
Fiat 500L....well any of this scaled up cars that look the same. Mini too. Just looks stupid.
Crysler Crossfire. Silly big blingy wheels that are totally out of proportion to the rest of the car.
Modern Toyotas. They are very good cars, but why do they have to look so totally bland and boring?

I liked my old K11 Micra. It looked camp as hell but it was a very good car. It was truely better than the Corsa. It never broke down and cost me very little in the 6.5 years I owned it (then brother had it 2 years!). The MOT needed £200 spending on it, tax was due and the rust advisories meant next year's MOT would have been £300+. As he was just entering his final year of study, where he was not allowed a car he scrapped it.

These days I my main car has aircon, a rev counter, more than 59lb/ft of torque, central locking and leccy windows :p.

Last edited:
I'll only do those sold now:

X6
X4
3GT (3 series lifted by its roof?)
XE (Now i've seen the front on a lower spec, I can't think of anything worse)
C4 Cactus or the new C1.

What about my car?

11713768_10207424172061253_166754146581778772_o.jpg
Ignore the pretentious watermark - it was part of a Uni assignment.

I think they've actually aged pretty well, but still recognise that many find them hideous. I just make sure I don't drive past any shiny shop windows while I'm driving it! The interior is fantastic for a mid 90's car though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom