Youtube & Ads

Soldato
10 years ago Youtube was in a great place and people were making decent money which resulted in more passion, more money, and better quality... This is, as far as I'm concerned, literally the only reason youtube is alive. The sooner it vanishes, the better.

I disagree: all we need is a competitor. Will Amazon step up to the plate?

Associate
Mobile yes, massively. I'd say 2-3 weeks ago it started to get worse. 2 unskippable ads at the start on every video. Used to be one for a couple of videos, but now it's ratcheted up.

It simply makes me not want to watch the video, so I don't.

Desktop, no as AdBlock still seems to be working.

Agreed.
I find Youtube near unwatchable on mobile now.

Soldato
£12 a month to watch YouTube is utterly baffling to me, but then I suppose some would say it's not entirely dissimilar to paying for a subscription to Spotify where you can still use it with ads instead.

Google do seem to do their best to make giving them any money as unappealing as possible, their Google One tiers are equally baffling where it jumps from £25 a year for 200GB of storage to £80 for 2TB, no in-between. A £50 for 1TB option would be ideal for me, but alas.

V F

V F

Soldato
YouTube ads? I thought this forum was full of tech heads.
Ublock Origin - no ads
Mobile app: YouTube Vanced - no ads. https://vanced.app/
Job done.

Mobile is the issue and I'm on iOS. That's for Android.

The only way to truly combat ads for Mobile is a Raspberry PI to set everything to go through its local DNS.

I do most of my browsing on the iPad which is usually blocked by other stuff but the Youtube app on iOS is neat and clean except the ad interuptions.

Soldato
I watch a lot YT via the mobile app and I've seen a large increase in adverts recently. I don't have any problems with YT placing ads but the advertising content is comical at times.

From what I've seen half of Twitch streamers have sold there souls to shill for some crappy mobile game called Raid Shadow Legends and then there's some other idiot selling something called Arknights where he proceededs to swear at random things. Really not suitable for any kids who might be watching.

Back
Top Bottom