YouTube Premium

Nearly £10 bump for Ireland, Netherlands, Italy and Belgium family accounts. Crazy bump.
Crazy price increases. I know they have to pay for all the servers / infrastructure but all the content is provided by the users so it shouldn't be on the same level as Netflix etc.

I'm sure they've run the numbers but a cheap ad free plan without music would be incredibly popular.

does youtube premium unlock high quality audio or something? or just stops adverts?

ublock origins still working for me anyway so... and lets face it most content on youtube wont have high quality audio at the source anyway

Last edited:
It just stops adverts. However I have noticed more and more videos putting multiple in ad videos rather than just the single one. Luckily sponsor block is very good

Still in my first trial month of premium, just had the email through saying it’ll go up by €2 on my first paying month. Will now be €13.99/month.
Not impressed tbh (tho YouTube music does seem quite good)

does youtube premium unlock high quality audio or something? or just stops adverts?

ublock origins still working for me anyway so... and lets face it most content on youtube wont have high quality audio at the source anyway
You get higher quality options on some vids, downloads and background play. You also get a sorta sponsorblock with a button that allows you to skip commonly skipped sections of videos i.e. sponsor reads.https://youtube.com/premium

We still know about adblockers

Do you mean YouTube Music? There is a setting for High, but I don't know what the option is normally.

YwYcGQrl.png

Do you mean YouTube Music? There is a setting for High, but I don't know what the option is normally.

YwYcGQrl.png
Normal youtube vids sometimes have an "Enhanced Bitrate" option which requires premium. In all honesty, the 'normal' option (IMO) almost always seems to look worse than other similar videos, whether that's because that specific vid really did need a higher bitrate for some reason, or they've decided to give you a reason to want that "Enhanced" bitrate option I don't know.

I'm sure I have Turkish ancestors somewhere in my past. It's been good so far for the last couple of years. Problem is that now I couldn't do without it. If I'm at someone else's house and they don't have premium I get triggered by having to watch the adverts

I'm sure I have Turkish ancestors somewhere in my past. It's been good so far for the last couple of years. Problem is that now I couldn't do without it. If I'm at someone else's house and they don't have premium I get triggered by having to watch the adverts
Same as someone who wants to show you a video on their phone. You go through 10,000 ads first.

Yeah, when someone goes to show me something on YouTube and I have to watch 30-60 seconds of ads, it really changes my view of them.

pirates-of.gif

Its not illegal, just against their own rules. Which no one cares about.

But ublock is good enough to remove all ads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom