YouTube Premium

I only watch YouTube through my tv so I need premium rather than using ad blockers :(
Smarttube works great if you have a chromecast/android TV, Fire stick or Nvidia Shield. Unfortunately doesn't work on TV manufacturers own OS' though

I've been on Premium for 2 yrs now, if it is a service that you value like I do (very much) than why not just pony up the cash?
Free is free :D

I'm always going to have uBlock installed on my PC anyway and AFAIK premium doesn't have features like sponsorblock and skipping things like silence in music videos either among other small features that add up. Paying for a worse experience doesn't appeal.

Last edited:
i signed up this month with us just been on holiday enjoying it so far very handy on some Vids specially without the adverts makes watching more enjoyable.

but lets see what happens might not keep it and just keep claiming my free month everynow and again.

Was emailed last night to question why I no longer live in Turkey - Looks like I'll need to go backpacking around Europe again.

Any nice places to visit?

I've been on Premium for 2 yrs now, if it is a service that you value like I do (very much) than why not just pony up the cash?

The price they're charging people in the UK is extortionate, the second highest in the world after Switzerland.

I enjoy it but there's no way I'll pay the full amount, I'm currently paying via Poland. For the time I use it the full price doesn't represent value for money to me.

The price they're charging people in the UK is extortionate, the second highest in the world after Switzerland.

I enjoy it but there's no way I'll pay the full amount, I'm currently paying via Poland. For the time I use it the full price doesn't represent value for money to me.
Rip off Britain :(
Fair point, if it doesn't represent value to you then I get your approach. I'd do the same.
For me it is like back in the day when everyone was downloading games from warez sites, it was great for a while then with multiplayer you had to go back and constantly repatch the cracked exe for the game to work.
In the end I just gave up and started buying all my games as it was too much hassle.
Im the same with you tube, it is my prime way of consuming content, it is expensive but for me I just want it to work whenever I want to watch something so the price is just something I have to put up with.

Rip off Britain :(
Fair point, if it doesn't represent value to you then I get your approach. I'd do the same.
For me it is like back in the day when everyone was downloading games from warez sites, it was great for a while then with multiplayer you had to go back and constantly repatch the cracked exe for the game to work.
In the end I just gave up and started buying all my games as it was too much hassle.
Im the same with you tube, it is my prime way of consuming content, it is expensive but for me I just want it to work whenever I want to watch something so the price is just something I have to put up with.
The market needs to be more competitive so that YouTube feels pricing pressure. Probably an area ripe for regulation.

Last edited:
There are sub-reddits with people who will add you to their family plans, £19.81 a year.. I have given it a go and even if it only lasts 6 weeks I'll be in profit! But they seem to have been doing this for a little while and although I had to switch my card location back to the UK, it was very easy, sorted within 10 minutes and so far so good! I presume they are adept at setting up annual family plans everywhere..

Last edited:
can we in the uk do that? i guess between my uk "family" it would still be quite cheap
Technically you have to be in the same household (just like most other digital family subscriptions), but as 3rd party companies are selling slots on YT premium family plans online, for a while now. It's not something YouTube is cracking down on.

rp2000

Technically you have to be in the same household (just like most other digital family subscriptions), but as 3rd party companies are selling slots on YT premium family plans online, for a while now. It's not something YouTube is cracking down on.

rp2000
No doubt they will in the future once they deal with all these pesky frequent travelers

Back
Top Bottom