YouTube Premium

Associate
Had my India account for ages too, but seems I've finally been busted :(

Your YouTube Premium membership was cancelled because we believe that the sign-up country of India was inaccurate.

Tried watching with ads, but **** me it was torture.

Oh well.
If you're running on WiFi, use the adguard DNS. Won't work off WiFi though.

Soldato
Is anyone else watching low quality videos (720p and under) and seeing them get automatically AI upscaled? I don't know if this is an Youtube thing or possibly an Nvidia driver thing etc but it looks bloody awful to see these "smoothed" AI upscales all the time.

I have slow internet out in the countryside so often even 1080p videos can start to buffer at peak times so I watch a lot in 720p instead.

EDIT - After a play it turns out the RTX Video Enhancement feature in the Nvidia Driver has just gone active for Firefox last month, hence the sudden issue with my GPU starting to coil whine and get hot when I'm watching videos, the bloody AI cores are Live AI Upscaling for 3+hours a day!!!!

It all makes sense now! I'd turned that feature on when it first went live and forgotten all about it until now!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
YouTube is getting stupider and stupider - I just posted this comment in response to a comment about being dressed for the slide not the ride on a video about a police motorbike chase where the rider came off and did themselves an injury due to not being dressed for riding:

My brother once decided to invest in a leather jacket with back armour for riding - few days later he had someone pull out on him at a junction, despite looking right at him, and had to put the bike down to avoid a collision, slid sideways into the curb - actually observed by a policeman who was convinced he'd find my brother badly injured or kill but instead walked away with just minor bruising thanks to the quality of his kit. My brother stopped riding after that.

Also fortunate it was observed by a policeman or the driver would have got away with it.

YouTube decided my comment was inappropriate, deleted the comment and now banned me (I assume AI moderation).

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It might have interpreted the phrase "and pull out on him" as US gangslang for pulling out a weapon.

Or, maybe it got triggered by your use of "armour" as padding as meaning the weapon variety.

Last edited:
Caporegime
YouTube is getting stupider and stupider - I just posted this comment in response to a comment about being dressed for the slide not the ride on a video about a police motorbike chase where the rider came off and did themselves an injury due to not being dressed for riding:

YouTube decided my comment was inappropriate, deleted the comment and now banned me (I assume AI moderation).

You said, the word "K" word, and "policeman" in the same sentence. Likely AI moderation, and it triggered it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Bums, does this mean the VPN trick is about to stop working right as I consider getting YouTube Premium?
Why you waiting to 'consider' it? Just sign up asap, for the sake of £2/m why wait.

Some people have had theirs cancelled sure, but many more including myself have not.

Caporegime
Bums, does this mean the VPN trick is about to stop working right as I consider getting YouTube Premium?

It stopped working for some countries for a while. Like it is very hard to sign up as a new account for places like Turkey and Argentina (renewal is okay), so people have just move to another, slightly more expensive country.

What country you end up with can be so many variables, from VPN used to card used to cycles of the moon it seems.

Sign up paying monthly, with urban VPN and use it until they stop you. Then find another one…and then another? I’m sure eventually all the doors will be shut but until then, take advantage.

Soldato
Yee-haww

4Ndhy0g.png

Last edited:
Soldato
What VPN and country have people used recently that has worked for a sign up?

My Indian sub that I only did about 2-3 months ago was cancelled today. Previously I had a Turkish one that lasted about a year.

Associate
What VPN and country have people used recently that has worked for a sign up?

My Indian sub that I only did about 2-3 months ago was cancelled today. Previously I had a Turkish one that lasted about a year.
Poland the other day - it’s a fiver but doesn’t need an address.

Back
Top Bottom