YouTube Premium

Soldato
Many people use the app across different device such as Smart TV's.

Would be good if something like an Pi-Hole would block YT ads but thats different :(
Lol it use to

Unfortunately even Ad-Blockers will struggle soon as YT is trialling injection of ads direct into the video stream so it doesnt appear to make a "call" to an ad server making it indistinguishable from the actual video :(

Soldato
Unfortunately even Ad-Blockers will struggle soon as YT is trialling injection of ads direct into the video stream so it doesnt appear to make a "call" to an ad server making it indistinguishable from the actual video :(

Just like podcasts with dynamic ads.

When travelling in different countries, I get random ads for that region when at home they are blocked.

Man of Honour

I'm surprised they didn't do this long ago.

Soldato
I'm surprised they didn't do this long ago.
It's been in development for a long time as a technology. Certainly from the TV industry it's a technological challenge to implement reliably and be compatible with all TVs, so only just coming into use now.

Unfortunately it's one of those techs where every provider has picked a different name, DAI, DAR, SSAI...

Soldato
inline adds ... yes but if they do that you just need to fast forward ? which I believe you can't do with with non-desktop youtube (like you can't with tv apps for c4 / itvx ...) swings&roundabouts
it's the product placement in the programmes you can't remove - they have one of those coffee shops in Corrie, but I suppose they are on every highstreet

will probably sign up for a month of decent olympics cover & end of tdf

The Olympic Discount Deal​

This week, Discovery+ has introduced a special discount for its Standard tier:

Price: £3.99 per month (reduced from £6.99)
Availability period: July 17 to August 11, 2024
Duration of discounted price: Until December 2024 (Up to 6 months in total – but you can cancel at any point)
Content included: All Discovery+ Standard tier content, including full Olympic coverage via Eurosport

Soldato
Meh ... Paid up in the end and cancelled my Spotify subscription as YT music is actually a lot less crap these days

Back
Top Bottom