YouTube Premium

Soldato
There is?
Didn’t realise I could get all of the content on YouTube elsewhere.

If we want a level playing field then the content needs to be on all available sites. That way consumers can have a free choice as to where to get the content they want to watch, and video platforms have to compete on merit. That would drive down prices.

Allowing video sites to gatekeep content so that you can’t get it elsewhere is bad for consumers. We don’t let streaming music services gatekeep content and they have to compete on merit.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

If we want a level playing field then the content needs to be on all available sites. That way consumers can have a free choice as to where to get the content they want to watch, and video platforms have to compete on merit. That would drive down prices.

Allowing video sites to gatekeep content so that you can’t get it elsewhere is bad for consumers. We don’t let streaming music services gatekeep content and they have to compete on merit.
But YouTube aren't stopping people uploading it anywhere else and some music is only available on some streaming services :confused:

Caporegime

This is very confusing. How do you expect this to work?

YouTube to give access to their servers?

What about Tesco sausages, are Tesco gatekeeping them too?

Man of Honour
So what's the point in this then? Youtube appear to be offering me a 2 month trial of their premium service, and as a 'trial' you'd expect it to be free or at a reduced price right?

UZmK3Oe.png

Well it's not free, it's not even at a reduced fee because when i click on it it shows me this...

YnSgnxG.png

They've been flashing this up to me every ~3 days for a while now, i fail to see what the 'offer' is...

Last edited:
Soldato
So what's the point in this then? Youtube appear to be offering me a 2 month trial of their premium service, and as a 'trial' you'd expect it to be free or at a reduced price right?

UZmK3Oe.png

Well it's not free, it's not even at a reduced fee because when i click on it it shows me this...

YnSgnxG.png

They've been flashing this up to me every ~3 days for a while now, i fail to see what the 'offer' is...
You tried claiming it and going through to the payment page? Will probably say the first payment is when the trial ends.

I remember before I moved to Turkey that a trial I claimed was confusing.

Back
Top Bottom