YouTube Premium

Soldato
It's worrying to all of us who have used a VPN to sign up. I'm not sure I can go back to YouTube with adverts now! As others have said, the UK price is very expensive. I think my plan is through Argentina. What with my phone, watch, headphones and Google One, I already pay them enough money!

Associate
Has anyone actually had there's cancelled yet? My Indian one I set up years ago is still going strong. Not sure I would pay UK prices but also couldn't imagine having all those ads in YouTube and loosing YouTube music

Soldato
Has anyone actually had there's cancelled yet? My Indian one I set up years ago is still going strong. Not sure I would pay UK prices but also couldn't imagine having all those ads in YouTube and loosing YouTube music
Yes 1 or 2 have had theirs cancelled on here.

Time will only tell what is in store for the rest of us. Expect the whinging to reach fever pitch.

Last edited:
Associate
I can imagine paying £10-15 per month for a combo of Google One, YouTube, and ideally Gemini as well.

But when each of those are separately chargeable and ludicrously expensive, nope. The UK price for YouTube is way too high.

Soldato
I wouldn’t pay UK prices for YT Premium. If ours gets cancelled then we’ll do without YT and get Apple One (Family) for our Music needs as this would work out much better value for us.

Caporegime
I can imagine paying £10-15 per month for a combo of Google One, YouTube, and ideally Gemini as well.

But when each of those are separately chargeable and ludicrously expensive, nope. The UK price for YouTube is way too high.
This exactly I already have the base level of Google one, I checked to see if there was YouTube bundled in somewhere and nope... Very odd .

Man of Honour
You tried claiming it and going through to the payment page? Will probably say the first payment is when the trial ends.

I remember before I moved to Turkey that a trial I claimed was confusing.

Well the trial offer has popped up again so i went one stage further and clicked on 'Get Youtube Premium' and it takes me to this screen...

VanZzeq.png

There's nothing saying it's a free trial to start with, just a 'Confirm' button for £12.99 a month

As my adblocker seems to be working fine for the moment then i'm not going to click it just in case it takes payment as i have a credit card stored on Google/Youtube

Also just to add, i have had a free trial of premium in the past, so maybe if it's a one time only offer then once i click the link the system realises i've had it before so just sends me to the payment page?

Last edited:
Would the family thing work in the UK? If you could split it with friends it would work out an acceptable price.
Im thinking this is the first wave of premium cancellations.
I signed up with india first and had the visa card issue so changed to Ukraine
My signing account is not my main account and only use it to maintain my subscription and I've not logged in for over 6 months and if I do I'm going to use vpn

Caporegime
Would the family thing work in the UK? If you could split it with friends it would work out an acceptable price.
Im thinking this is the first wave of premium cancellations.
I signed up with india first and had the visa card issue so changed to Ukraine
My signing account is not my main account and only use it to maintain my subscription and I've not logged in for over 6 months and if I do I'm going to use vpn

Not all countries offer a family plan option I think.

Associate
Ive had an email from "[email protected]" and messages on the app that they couldnt take the payment (wise card, in Vietnam) and the i needed to update payment within 2 days.... but now it seems to be working fine with no message.... we'll see i guess.

Soldato
My youtube premium expired (was a 3 month UK trial) and I've configured Revanced again instead, will keep an eye on it as youtube killed it a few months ago with various changes they had made.

Soldato

Yeah, I agree bad enough paying for prime and Netflix and the addition of ad’s

Back
Top Bottom