YouTube Premium

My Argentinean one has now been canned. Will have to think about whether I try another country or go through rooting / sideloading on the televisions.

It will be when you need to update your card details, mine has just come up and won't take the new one, will have to do a bit of digging to work out the cheapest way to get a family plan again

I guess I am good till 2027 for India but the way how things are at the moment. India will probably cost as much as the UK by then!

My Argentinean one has now been canned. Will have to think about whether I try another country or go through rooting / sideloading on the televisions.
What happened? I've been on my Argentina one for years now but this thread has me worried it won't last

What happened? I've been on my Argentina one for years now but this thread has me worried it won't last
No idea. I thought perhaps I'd managed to escape it somehow, given that so many people got hit and mine kept working. Then out of nowhere this morning I got an email saying "Your YouTube Premium membership was canceled because we believe the signup country of Argentina was inaccurate." I'm wondering if they're doing it in batches for some reason, perhaps to avoid a tidal wave of people on the same day.

Last edited:
I'm trying to signup to a new country after cancelling my subscription that's no longer working but it's still got the rupees for the family membership with a renew button but all the recommended offers are in the new countries currency but when clicking the renew price it comes up 'We can't verify your country ' straight awatried Romania and Poland and get the same

Last edited:
Managed to get Poland to work in the end with a credit card and a polish address. Family membership worked out about £9.30 which wasn't as good as the £1.90 I had previously but still better than the £20 they want in the uk!
(Used tunnel bear as the vpn)

The ads on YT today are pretty mental. Have they deliberately increased the amount they show?
It definitely seems like it, or some content creators tick the "play as many ads as possible" button.

One video started with 2 adverts, non skippable and then I wanted to skip forward a bit and got 2 more non skippable adverts. Then I went too far, pressed back and got 2 more adverts. I'm not sure if that was normal or not but it peed me off enough to just quit watching the video!

It definitely seems like it, or some content creators tick the "play as many ads as possible" button.

One video started with 2 adverts, non skippable and then I wanted to skip forward a bit and got 2 more non skippable adverts. Then I went too far, pressed back and got 2 more adverts. I'm not sure if that was normal or not but it peed me off enough to just quit watching the video!

Some people are claiming, not sure if true, they've started pushing out unskippable double ad features on people who've been flagged for ad blocking or inaccurate sign up country.

Some people are claiming, not sure if true, they've started pushing out unskippable double ad features on people who've been flagged for ad blocking or inaccurate sign up country.
Yeah, I’ve seen that but I’ve never interfered with the ads in any way.

There’s also a new feature where you don’t ‘skip’ the ad but choose ‘next’ to go to the next ad which you may or may not be able to skip.

I've been finding that the countdown is a lie e.g. it will say 5 seconds to skip, but the ad will end at the 5 seconds/zero point and a new one loads. Winds me up as it's bad programming leveraged to be dishonest about the ad break duration.

That would make sense, but it must have been a glitch for me then as I don't run ad blockers (I really should tho!) and I've never paid for YouTube either by VPN methods or UK prices!

Back
Top Bottom