YouTube Premium

Soldato
Im currently living in Argentina as far as youtube are concerned. Paid with my debit card even!

Trying to watch the GSL with adverts every 30 seconds was getting on my tattys

Caporegime
Is this India / Argentina banter really that simple? There are no catches or pitfalls at all?

Like you, I always thought that the hassle and guff outweighed the benefits until I gave it a shot, which I've only done once. I currently pay 59p a month for a Tidal family plan, which is 6 accounts. The only drawback is that the emails are in Spanish but I never read those anyway. I downloaded UrbanVPN for free on Google Play, set Argentina as the country and signed up like that. The whole process took less than 3 minutes and it's saved me about £14.50 a month going from Spotify. The only faff is that if I want to share the accounts, that person has to do the same with a VPN, or I can do it for them.

It really is that easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
Man of Honour
OP
Hmm not sure what I’m doing wrong… I previously had a UK subscription but then felt silly not paying less… but even when under an international VPN, it still wants me to pay £16 a month (UK price) - I’d probably rather not watch YouTube at all.

I assumed that I’m stuck because it’s already associated my account with the UK…. But @MrRockliffe seems to have switched countries…

Are you creating a new account when you switch countries?

Soldato
Hmm not sure what I’m doing wrong… I previously had a UK subscription but then felt silly not paying less… but even when under an international VPN, it still wants me to pay £16 a month (UK price) - I’d probably rather not watch YouTube at all.

I assumed that I’m stuck because it’s already associated my account with the UK…. But @MrRockliffe seems to have switched countries…

Your vpn is probably not hitting right.

Don

Set your Google account profile

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Been using YT premium (mainly for YT music) since vanced died.

Premium is better for music than vanced was only because it now works as a pop up in Google maps.

Premium is not better for videos than vanced was, I missed the auto skip of intros/paid promotions/etc. that vanced used to do - I wish YT Premium was capable of the same.

Been using YT premium (mainly for YT music) since vanced died.

Premium is better for music than vanced was only because it now works as a pop up in Google maps.

Premium is not better for videos than vanced was, I missed the auto skip of intros/paid promotions/etc. that vanced used to do - I wish YT Premium was capable of the same.
if using Crome https://sponsor.ajay.app/ works well

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Like you, I always thought that the hassle and guff outweighed the benefits until I gave it a shot, which I've only done once. I currently pay 59p a month for a Tidal family plan, which is 6 accounts. The only drawback is that the emails are in Spanish but I never read those anyway. I downloaded UrbanVPN for free on Google Play, set Argentina as the country and signed up like that. The whole process took less than 3 minutes and it's saved me about £14.50 a month going from Spotify. The only faff is that if I want to share the accounts, that person has to do the same with a VPN, or I can do it for them.

It really is that easy.

Damm i use tidal as well, didnt know you could do this. Thanks.

Soldato
YouTube is never going to support that kind of feature as they want "content creators" on their platform, and many would stop using YouTube if they had that kind of feature.

Soldato

No, didn’t have to create a new account

Couple of things might be impacting it:

1. Your old sub hasn’t expired yet - mine had expired when I switched to Turkey

2. Your VPN isn’t working properly - try a “what’s my IP address” site to see where you’re showing up

Caporegime
Been trying to get the YouTube premium for a cheaper price but doesn’t seem to work.
I have my vpn set to Argentina and everytime I go to my YouTube account, it keeps saying to renew at £16 a month.
I’ve logged out and had a look at my up which says I’m in Argentina but will not let me buy premium at a much cheaper price.
Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried it on my laptop and my iPhone but still no go.
Any ideas??

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Been trying to get the YouTube premium for a cheaper price but doesn’t seem to work.
I have my vpn set to Argentina and everytime I go to my YouTube account, it keeps saying to renew at £16 a month.
I’ve logged out and had a look at my up which says I’m in Argentina but will not let me buy premium at a much cheaper price.
Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried it on my laptop and my iPhone but still no go.
Any ideas??
Try Turkey

Soldato
Just tried it and yayy it works lol. Funnily enough I pretty much live in Turkey myself so not sure why I didn’t think to do it via Turkey.
Didn’t even ask me for my Turkish address so let’s see what happens after the one month trial is finished.
Same, no address needed.

Had to try a few NordVPN Turkey servers, some still showed the pricing in £

Back
Top Bottom