• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 3D V-Cache Ryzen CPUs May be Available in December 2021

Caporegime
OP
Fine, doesn't matter, did you read anything i said because it didn't seem to get through?

Probably because AMD boost algorithm is more sensitive to thermals so start dropping clocks as temps increase.

Right, 5700G 14,211 at 45 Watts.

5800H they tested 12,500 at 75 Watts.

What they are measuring there is thermal throttling, not power scaling, they don't know it but the people who made this slide are idiots.

Caporegime
OP
1800X, same performance as the 6900X at half the power, Intel on their 14nm, AMD on a brand new Gloabal Foundries 14nm.
----------

I have been watching this space for about 25 years.

In all that time several significant breakthroughs in CPU's have been made, by Intel and AMD.

Intel practically invented the CPU, before X86 we had logic processors and each one had to be hardwired for a specific task, so you would have lots of them on a board, Intel created a programmable processor that could be programmed to do many different tasks through software extensions, X86 and with it the Central Processing Unit was born, along with it the IBM Personal Computer.

Since then its mostly AMD who have made the significant changes to the CPU, and each time an army of Intel shills downplayed or out right poo poo'ed on everything AMD ever did, despite nothing that Intel did in competition to AMD's innovations ever working, i still see people bleeting on that Itanium was better, it was ####### horrendous, slow, unstable, difficult to program for and MASSIVE power consumption, no one wanted it, IT died a slow expensive death for good reason.

You're not a shill or even remotely a fanboi @Joxeon so i don't get it.

Alderlake will be good, the 12900K will beat the 5950X by a small margin, ok fine, Intel are fighting back, we knew they would eventually, but it will pull twice as much power doing it, not because AMD are on a better node, because Intel's architecture just isn't as efficient.

Last edited:
Soldato
I certainly don't think Alderlake will be as efficient as Zen 3 but it does represent a big leap forward in overall performance and performance per watt for Intel over the shambles that was rocket lake.

Soldato
Man, this thread and alderlake one seem to be hijacked by both amd and intel die hards going round and round in circles defending their team :p

If you notice the rhetoric over enough posts it’s not about AMD vs Intel. It always loops back to, but what about Nvidia, Bob! Hence the neuroticism :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It is a sign that Intel and AMD are closely matched now
I would say AMD are ahead, but that may change soon.

All I know is I will be sticking with my 5900X for the foreseeable future. Great CPU and should keep me happy for 5 years easily.

If you notice the rhetoric over enough posts it’s not about AMD vs Intel. It always loops back to, but what about Nvidia, Bob! Hence the neuroticism :p
What, here in the CPU section? Not that I noticed no.

Soldato
Man, this thread and alderlake one seem to be hijacked by both amd and intel die hards going round and round in circles defending their team :p
More like Intel diehards incapable of engaging in proper discussion and throwing all manner of pie-in-the-sky crap out there, then getting childish when their "points" are refuted. It just so happens some of those refuting are of a pro-AMD persuasion.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
More like Intel diehards incapable of engaging in proper discussion and throwing all manner of pie-in-the-sky crap out there, then getting childish when their "points" are refuted. It just so happens some of those refuting are of a pro-AMD persuasion.
I agree with that. But you have not noticed any AMD die hands/fan boys? Just Intel ones?

Caporegime
OP
I agree with that. But you have not noticed any AMD die hands/fan boys? Just Intel ones?
They exist on both sides but there is an added element now, since Sandy Bridge Intel are used to winning so they are particularly salty to see AMD BTFO'ing them, AMD'ers are used to losing and now that they are winning they aren't particularly cordial in victory.

Right now in terms of the hardware AMD's victory over Intel is absolute, even after Alderlake AMD still have many aspects that favour them and that's with older outgoing hardware. AMD are no pushovers these days, again, and that's very frustrating for some. They just keep getting better and better and........

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Amd doesnt have a lead over intel like intel did over bulldozer. People making it out like zen3 has 60%+ ipc over skylake :rolleyes:

I have never seen anyone say AMD did, but thier performance and efficiency lead over Intel is substantial enough to be obvious to all but the most ignorant to this space, its substantial enough to have killed Intel's prised HEDT segment stone dead.
AMD's mainstream CPU's are faster than Intel's HEDT. AMD's HEDT are on an entirely different level. One that is utterly unachievable by Intel.

Soldato
I would say AMD are ahead, but that may change soon.

All I know is I will be sticking with my 5900X for the foreseeable future. Great CPU and should keep me happy for 5 years easily.

What, here in the CPU section? Not that I noticed no.

How unobservant of you.

Back
Top Bottom