• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 3D V-Cache Ryzen CPUs May be Available in December 2021

Soldato
So AMD's CPUs are superior to Intel purely because of the node advantage. Yet, AMD's GPUs are only on par, and sometimes behind, Nvidia's GPUs despite having the same node advantage. And, Intel's 10nm SuperFin is inferior to TSMC's 7nm - therefore AMD still have the node advantage - but Alder Lake is gonna stomp all over Zen 3.

But architecture has zero to do with anything :rolleyes:

Really?

The ability for some of these clowns to twist things so tightly to suit any argument, always to the point of contradiction, is truly shocking. And yet if you call them out on such bovine manure you get a suspension.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The ability for some of these clowns to twist things so tightly to suit any argument, always to the point of contradiction, is truly shocking. And yet if you call them out on such bovine manure you get a suspension.
Yes. If by calling them out you mean getting your LeFuryOn :p

Caporegime
OP
Which 10nm CPUs are we looking at as Alderlake seems to be faster than Ryzen 5000 core for core?

Ok... We are talking about CPU's that you can buy now, Alderlake is speculation at this point, we don't know what the power consumption is yet.

Intel 1165G7: 28 Watts, Score 4,904 (10nm SuperFin)

Ryzen 4800U: 15 Watts, Score 9,286 (TSMC 7nm)

9,286 / 4,904 = 1.89 (+89%) That's 89% better performance with near half the power

Ryzen 5800U: 15 Watts????? Score 11,203 (TSMC 7nm)

11,203 / 4,904 = 2.28 (+128%) That's 128% better performance again with near half the power.

It equated to around 400% better performance per watt.

Are you honestly going to sit there and try to tell me that is purely Intel 10nm SuperFin vs TSMC 7nm? That AMD's CPU architecture has absolutely nothing to do with it?

8DnQcKH.png

bjtQ6kn.png

Last edited:
Soldato
How is it twice as fast core for core though when the example your showing is a 4/8 vs a 8/16?

We know Intel has issues with power consumption which is why they are going big little so they can scale up the core count without hugely increasing power.

Caporegime
OP
How is it twice as fast core for core though when the example your showing is a 4/8 vs a 8/16?

We know Intel has issues with power consumption which is why they are going big little so they can scale up the core count without hugely increasing power.

So you agree AMD's architecture is more power efficient?

Intel don't make a 10nm CPU with 8 cores. we have to work with what they do make and it valid because we are talking about performance per watt.

Soldato
So AMD's CPUs are superior to Intel purely because of the node advantage. Yet, AMD's GPUs are only on par, and sometimes behind, Nvidia's GPUs despite having the same node advantage. And, Intel's 10nm SuperFin is inferior to TSMC's 7nm - therefore AMD still have the node advantage - but Alder Lake is gonna stomp all over Zen 3.

But architecture has zero to do with anything :rolleyes:

Really?

The level of idiocracy is outstanding isn’t it. It’s like a continual assault on intelligence and clearly intentional.

With every post they make, the forum becomes a little worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah ok, 45 Watts, whats its performance, no seriously its already using 3X the power, is it 3X faster than AMD's 8 core 15 Watt CPU? I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that it isn't, that its no faster than AMD's 15 Watt part, i think i'm pretty safe in keeping my head.
AMDs CPUs scale better with lower power while Intels scale better with higher power, a proper comparison would be the 11800H vs 5800H or 5900HX and with all using the same 45w power. SC is about equal with the 5900HX while AMD is a bit faster in multicore as SMT is better than HT.

Soldato
Wow,

AMDs CPUs scale better with lower power while Intels scale better with higher power, a proper comparison would be the 11800H vs 5800H or 5900HX and with all using the same 45w power. SC is about equal with the 5900HX while AMD is a bit faster in multicore as SMT is better than HT.

you’re still posting nonsense.

Caporegime
OP

This is a disingenuous argument, its not in good faith, pushing a 35 Watt CPU that already scores higher than a competitors 45 Watt CPU and then make the calculation again is just normalising inefficiency curves, a 105 Watt Ryzen 5800X score 60% higher than a 45 Watt 11800H, you could make the argument the Intel CPU has a very similar PPW to the AMD chip and you would be right, just as you are right that running the 5800H at the same power level as the 11800H the 5800H may only score about 20% higher and therefore only has about 20% higher PPW.

And with that one might say yes Intel scale better at higher power, so lets turn that round, why not push the 11800H to the same level of performance as the 5800X, how much power is it using? 105 Watts? do you think? I don't, i think its more like 200 to 300 Watts and that's the reality with ALL these chips when you push them that far outside of the most power efficient zone.

Soldato
He is correct in that AMD's implementation of SMT is better than Intel's. So he does pay some kind of attention.
And also that intel scales better with more power while AMDs performance scaling starts to drop off around 55w

Screenshot-158.png

Soldato
This is a disingenuous argument, its not in good faith, pushing a 35 Watt CPU that already scores higher than a competitors 45 Watt CPU and then make the calculation again is just normalising inefficiency curves, a 105 Watt Ryzen 5800X score 60% higher than a 45 Watt 11800H, you could make the argument the Intel CPU has a very similar PPW to the AMD chip and you would be right, just as you are right that running the 5800H at the same power level as the 11800H the 5800H may only score about 20% higher and therefore only has about 20% higher PPW.

And with that one might say yes Intel scale better at higher power, so lets turn that round, why not push the 11800H to the same level of performance as the 5800X, how much power is it using? 105 Watts? do you think? I don't, i think its more like 200 to 300 Watts and that's the reality with ALL these chips when you push them that far outside of the most power efficient zone.
Thats why I included the 5900HX which according to AMD has a default TDP of 45w.

Back
Top Bottom