Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Man of Honour
Having no natwest support is actually a good thing. Their IT systems are a joke! Would you trust them with this....hell NO!

Pretty much all banks are running on antiquated IT systems held together with chewing gum and sticky tape, NatWest don't stand out as having any more IT issues than any other high street bank.

Soldato
NatWest have been updating their application so expect them to have their own payment system. They added fingerprint API yesterday.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on the S7 if you have condensed display scaling enabled.. Natwest thinks that's a security compromise apparently. Not sure if they will change that.

Caporegime
Can you not set it to prompt you which payment method to use? Or do you have to move the card you want to pay with into the default position before paying?

Soldato
Having no natwest support is actually a good thing. Their IT systems are a joke! Would you trust them with this....hell NO!

Never had a problem with NatWests online service, the only app that will work on a rooted phone too afaik.

Good job I have no interest in finger print scanners too!

Soldato
NatWest and Barclays are the banks I use, and typically neither are supported!

The Barclaycard app did tell me that I can use their app with NFC for payment though, that was a few days ago.

NatWest and Barclays are the banks I use, and typically neither are supported!

The Barclaycard app did tell me that I can use their app with NFC for payment though, that was a few days ago.

exact same for me. i already use barclaycard, but tbh i'd rather move over to android pay as then not only can i use more cards (if they all join android pay that is), but i can get rid of that stupid barclaycard notification that's constantly there telling the world the phone is contact payment enabeld. I ****ing hate that constant forced notification.

Soldato
Fingerprint login doesn't work (disabled) on a rooted phone :p

Most won't even let login when rooted

exact same for me. i already use barclaycard, but tbh i'd rather move over to android pay as then not only can i use more cards (if they all join android pay that is), but i can get rid of that stupid barclaycard notification that's constantly there telling the world the phone is contact payment enabeld. I ****ing hate that constant forced notification.

If you are on 6.0.1 you can block it.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Unsurprisingly not supported on the N preview. Yet....

Oh well, Santander haven't got their act together yet anyway.

Back
Top Bottom