• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Coming This Summer Featuring 3072 CUDA Cores and 6GB of GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
So I am told!! Titan X is faster by around 7% in most tasks. SO I think Titan X guys will be staying put, but 980Ti pitched nicely just below with possible further overclocking capabilities.

Last edited:
Associate
Thought this would have less CUDA cores. Especially makes sense since the latest Titan no longer has the precision capabilities of its predecessors, and is marketed as the ultimate gaming card. It should as such stay that way.

Still, 2 x 980Ti will be absolutely beast even up to 4K I imagine and certainly much more cost effective than any Titan X setup.

Caporegime
About £600 id assume? Obviously nvidia will want to keep a bit of a price gap between this and titan x even though the performance is supposedly very close.

Associate
Dice just twitted a pic of the 390X with the official AMD Radeon account replying.

I guess Nvidia is going to try to steal sales with a more affordable Titan. They are just to good with business... (bad for us but clever nonetheless)

Caporegime
I genuinely think this will be the go to card. AMD's top card with a rumoured 4GB (albeit 4GB of HBM) and supposed prices to match near Titan X prices, this will be worrying for AMD. So many unhappy AMD loyals as well with the drivers and support, who knows what the future holds?

Caporegime
Dice just twitted a pic of the 390X with the official AMD Radeon account replying.

I guess Nvidia is going to try to steal sales with a more affordable Titan. They are just to good with business... (bad for us but clever nonetheless)

Yup, nVidia are in this to Win (chicken dinner!) no doubt.

AMD? They just wanna make a good card and errrrrrrr that's it :D

Caporegime
lvnr5_zpsuqeovbed.jpg~original

Soldato
I genuinely think this will be the go to card. AMD's top card with a rumoured 4GB (albeit 4GB of HBM) and supposed prices to match near Titan X prices, this will be worrying for AMD. So many unhappy AMD loyals as well with the drivers and support, who knows what the future holds?

They're getting beaten to release. Again.

I really thought Nvidia would wait. Maybe they know something about these new AMD cards that we don't?

Either way I decided the other day to give hardware a miss for a while so I won't be buying either. I'll wait until they're down to bargain bucket prices before spending any more now.

Buying a Nitro RC car to race on the beach instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom